Not even worth unrolling

Sapper1371

Greenie
Mar 26, 2015
NY
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gotta love getting rolls like this from the bank.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1446149659.216995.jpg

I haven't had any luck for quite some time in my area. Either I'm getting re-rolled junk like that or brand new 2015 rolls. I think it's time for a break...

Upvote 0

Oquario79

Sep 5, 2015
NC/SC Border
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But I agree. That's happened to me a few times n all I say is ty n on my way. I still search them for anything out of the ordinary

bamiddle

Jun 19, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A while back i took 400+ in rolls like that and still pulled silver from them.

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a few silvers in my collection from rolls just like that.

OP
OP
S

Sapper1371

Greenie
Mar 26, 2015
NY
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oddly enough the bank that I went to had delivered in the past. They had almost a full box I had been chipping away at since I don't buy boxes outright and they came in the exact same rolls but new. This tells me somebody else was searching from the same box I was but they returned their halves in the same roll to the same bank [emoji35]

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
You never know. I visited an old friends office a few towns away last week. He collects coins, but doesn't CRH. He knows I do, so I stop by every few weeks to show off my finds. Last week I stop by, and as we're discussing them his coworker pokes his head in the door saying he CRH's too, so he joins in the discussion.

Turns out he goes through a box or two a week, rerolling the halves and turning them in to a different bank in the original box. Had a searched box in his car, ready to drop off on his lunch break. When he saw all the 40%'ers I had from last week, he said "what are those?"

He had been searching only for 64 and earlier! He went out to his car and brought back his searched box, and we opened about 8 rolls before finding a 1967 half.

You just never know...

statch

Jan 4, 2013
FL
Detector(s) used
GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Other
I used to search rerolled dumps but never found anything. Once I started doing heavy volume I went either way. Sometimes I search them and sometimes I don't.

I think you're right Formerteller, a lot of people don't know about the 40% AG so you never know. After hearing your experience I don't know if I can consciously choose not to search any repacked dumps...ugh :BangHead:

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
I still search obvious repacks, but don't put as much effort into it. A quick rim scan, and riffle through the hands one or twice listening for silver and that's it.

OP
OP
S

Sapper1371

Greenie
Mar 26, 2015
NY
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still go through every roll I get but its just very discouraging when you receive rolls like that that have obviously already been gone through.

Needless to say I opened my rolls and they were all clad.

A few months back I was at this same bank when I got a few rolls of halves. As the tell walked out of the vault she dropped a roll and it burst. As she put the spilt halves back into the roll so she could tape it up she mentioned that I was lucky because one of them was silver...turns out she was right as I get a 40%. This makes me wonder of it could be a teller or just a regular customer.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread