Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tried that, didn't really help

LONE GUNMAN

Mar 12, 2005
DIGGIN' IN NEVADA
just keep swinging that machine...you will find something one of these days...hell i have been swinging mine for about 4 yrs and still havent found any silver.......lots of wheaties, and a couple of forgien coins...but no silver...my wife on the other hand finds gold everytime she turns that damn thing on.......so just keep swinging and they will come.
lgp

bk

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2005
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't get frustrated. I have bad days all the time, but one good find makes up for the bad days.
Try getting permission to search some older yards. There are always things to be found there.
Hang in there.
HH

There are links to where there are clubs all across the country, or check the FMDAC web site.

jopher

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2003
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
IDX Classic SL-x2....Excalibur1000
GC...The thumb of Mi is literally filled with 19th century farms and homes and every one has at least a few treasures around it.(Searched or not).Michigan was not settled for the most part until the mid 1800s and there were no Civil war battles fought here, so for the most part you are not going to find the really old stuff and you are not going to find war relics.I myself am a little shy about asking permission to hunt around private farms and houses but if you want to find good stuff ya gotta do it ...and keep doin it! By the way, where are you from???.......JO

OP
OP
goldencoin

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found some good things, but i'm really looking for a club

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check for area clubs on the internet.

Southcacalaky

Silver Member
Oct 2, 2005
Summerville, South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Tesoro "Eldorado", Whites "Beach Hunter ID",
Now is a good time to do some research. What are you interested in hunting for? Coin shooting is a good start for anyone just starting. Don't get disapointed. What research have you done in your area that you live? If your interested in coin shooting email me.. HH Art...

Paul in WA

Oct 22, 2005
Washington State
Detector(s) used
DFX
There are quite a few people in here from Michigan, I sure they can give you some tips. I am originally from the Brighton/Howell area and know that there a lot of old parks around there.

Paul

OP
OP
goldencoin

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks for al[l the suggestings

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't be disheartened. The finds will come. You have ot realize that most forum members post their finds, not their failures, and there are many! I have gone out lots of times and expected silver just to find two cents clad! I don't post that! Monty

strykerstalker

Nov 29, 2005
im from the romulus area of michigan and havent found much as far as clubs go .. i only belong to this one and one thats mi based but they never do much as far as the other one goes so im here for the long haul..anyone else from the wayne county area? good luck on the hunt

treasures4me2find

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2005
Murphy, N.C.
Don't give up hope, there are plenty of coins out there. Just keep swinging, you will find something. I have days where I get zip, but it's all made up on the days I find stuff. Good luck.

Ken

OP
OP
goldencoin

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting