Not getting out as much; rewarded today with a Merc

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
I'm putting in a lot of time with our Pee Wee Baseball League (I think they call it that because the kids always need to, shall we say, tinkle). I do a lot of field work, practice with the kids on my team and try to get games in between raindrops. We managed one tonight, losing a defensive struggle 19-12. Anyway, the baseball and the rain have limited my detecting, but I managed to work the yard of one of my players this morning ;D. Just yesterday, his mother was asking, wistfully, if the 12 and 34 wheats I'd given her were all I'd found; I told her I'd get back at least one more day and see what else might be found. I'm glad I did, because my first signal and dig this morning ended up being this 19 Merc. It's very worn, but the mother will be the happy recipient in the near future. I also managed four wheats, including a 20, 30 and 37. That trio will be hers, as well. As often happens, there is nothing I want to keep, but I have a happy customer and maybe it will lead to more sites. Miss Halfdime had her typical game tonight: make a few plays, make a few mistakes, get a couple hits. The thing about Pee Wee is, if everyone makes just one mistake in the field, you're looking at 11 errors :'(.

Attachments

• olivermerc (2).jpg
    olivermerc (2).jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 293
Upvote 0
OP
OP
halfdime

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
relichunters said:
Excellent find, what year is it? I found my first today, a 1936 in mint condition
Congrats on your first Merc! My method of dating coins for TNet publication is to use the last two digits of any 20th century coin; hence, today's Merc was minted in 1919.

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
I found a 19 last night as well, in about the same shape as yours. Remember Silver is Silver. Keep it up with the kids!
:thumbsup:

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Henry,
1919 is a common year but better than a 40's merc. :)

The guy I share an office with has a son about the same place you are coaching. He got put in as an assistant coach. He frequently complains about it. ::) :D The sacrifices we make for our kids.....

Bob

OP
OP
halfdime

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Mirage said:
Henry,
1919 is a common year but better than a 40's merc. :)

The guy I share an office with has a son about the same place you are coaching. He got put in as an assistant coach. He frequently complains about it. ::) :D The sacrifices we make for our kids.....

Bob
Bob, I've coached High School and College kids, and in some ways, these kids are better listeners. Of course, in some ways they're not.

DrDetector

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
Nice Merc. I agree, haven't had much time to get out but hopefully by next week I'll have some time on a day off when it isn't raining!

silverfreak

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Wherever Silver's Hidin'
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorers and E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digs halfdime. Mercs are fun to see shinin' in the hole. Pee Wee league....well..that speaks for itself...it's always fun to watch. I help with T ball at the ymca and its always good for a good time as well :thumbsup:

OP
OP
halfdime

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
DrDetector said:
Nice Merc. I agree, haven't had much time to get out but hopefully by next week I'll have some time on a day off when it isn't raining!
I'm still waiting for a picture of that silver spoon! You're not as old as me, so you can't claim Alzheimer's ;D.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread