Excal with Wot, Infinium LS , CZ7a PRO

Attachments

• B raselet.jpg
    B raselet.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 369
Upvote 0

Gemini420

Jun 27, 2011
That's got a great design. Very nice find.

I find it amusing that I am all of a sudden very interested in jewelry appraisal. I never thought I would find myself reading up on that!

FYI: I don't know if this is commonly known or not? If it's confirmed silver, you can quickly and safely remove silver tarnish (oxidation) by using aluminum foil, baking soda and hot water. Lay a piece of aluminum foil (shiny side up) in a bowl and put the silver on top (in contact with the foil), heat a little water to a boil in the microwave, and pour the hot water in the bowl (covering the silver and foil), shake baking soda over it all. It will start to bubble and fizz. Wrap the foil over the silver (increasing the points where the foil is in contact with the silver), and shake it about. The whole mixture produces a light electrochemical reaction that pulls the sulfur and oxidation off of the silver and deposits it onto the foil. It doesn't remove any silver.

jadeblackhawk

May 27, 2006
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Deus 2
FYI: I don't know if this is commonly known or not? If it's confirmed silver, you can quickly and safely remove silver tarnish (oxidation) by using aluminum foil, baking soda and hot water.

That is awesome. I've got to try it out!

Great find by the way! All my newer silver is stamped .925 sometimes it also says sterling. All of my pieces that ONLY say sterling are older. Hope that helps!

Can Slaw

Nov 20, 2007
So Gulf Coast, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur, CZ-21 Sov. GT, Sea Hunter MK II, CZ-6a, Troy X5, MXT, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Nice ornate find, sure worth my than scrap. I clean my silver the easy way, rub it down with Tarnex on a cotton ball, rinse it off, done. On small pieces I have a little Tarnex in a baby food jar, just drop it in, swish it around then rinse it off. Rub a little baking soda on it and it looks like new.

Lorrain.

Apr 29, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT & Minelab Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That 's a beautiful find, JIm! :headbang:

L

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread