Not in the mood for games ...

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
It's been Passover holiday for me, which means I've been offline for 3 days. I got a weird message from Ebay that my fees were not paid because my CC was declined. I had no idea why, but I went and updated the card thinking that the expiration date was wrong. Then I see a stupid email from a buyer ... does the watch have scratches on the band, does it have the red sticker on the back, what condition is it in? I'm sooo flipping annoyed. Dude, every single question is answered both in the auction description AND with pictures. THEN ... I noticed on my other email account that my credit card was compromised. Someone went on a huge shopping spree with it yesterday (I NEVER, EVER, EVER shop Sat. during the day). Luckily, Chase caught it, which is why all the charges were denied; including Ebay. So I had to close that card. I have no card to pay my Ebay fees with, and no card for shopping on Amazon. (Yeah, I buy a lot on Amazon Prime and that is my Amazon card.) So I wrote back to the guy,

>New message to:
>Hi. Thanks for taking the time to write to me with your questions. I am not sure i understand the questions exactly. I believe that the >question of the watch is mentioned in the auction, and there are pictures as well. Did you see scratches on the pictures? I don't think >there are any on there, but again, you will have to look at the pictures.

I don't even care if the guy doesn't buy it. He is rubbing me the wrong way and I don't want to deal with him.

Do you ever people too lazy to bother to look at the description or pictures and just writes a PM to you asking what is clearly stated in the auction? I use a high resolution, so even if they are on a phone, they can make the pictures larger to see the stuff in great detail. why bother doing all this work if they can't be bothered to look???? (Can you tell I'm in a bad mood tonight from all my responses on Tnet?)

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, some people don't read the descriptions. I have just started to cancel bids, and for each reason it was because they didn't read the listing. As in, no, I'm not shipping it to wherever ('cause your country doesn't have a real postal service and I can't track it). I used to work at a bank, see if Chase can overnight you a new card tomorrow after you talk to the fraud guys there. Make sure they don't charge you for it.
I got a robo call from my bank earlier today, suspecting fraud on my card. However, it was me going berserk and buying compulsively.

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I once had a guy ask me if a motorcycle that I had listed ran. Description said it did not run and pictures showed a fist size hole through the engine. I didn't reply and blocked him from bidding. Don't like dealing with morons!

2Minnesota

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2008
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites 5900/Di Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get questions frequently asking @ how long" or " how big" or " how tall" and there are photos with a ruler that says "inches" on it. Duh! Some people are frustrating. I just look at my photos and tell them " as seen in photo #__".

OP
OP
M

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Lol, I usually say about the same thing.
Basically, my gut intuition on this guy tells me, stay away. He doesn't strike me as honest.

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad the bank/credit company caught the unusual charges! I have had that happen and it sure saves having to cancel a bunch of stuff!

audigger53

Mar 27, 2004
Severn, Maryland
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
My Dad told me when I was 18, "Never underestimate Stupid!". That person and the others that posted here about the same type fit the statement. I would have just ignored them.

ecmjamsit

Dec 2, 2007
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster GMT, GMII,Whites Sierra Super Trac, Ace250, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Whites Pinpointer,Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Chase has instant emails when you make a charge. If you log in on the internet to check account, click the notifications every time there is a charge. It will allow you to call and alert Chase that a fraudulent charge has occurred.

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol, I usually say about the same thing.
Basically, my gut intuition on this guy tells me, stay away. He doesn't strike me as honest.

I already have part of this in a thread, but......
Had a similar type thing, the guy offered low on the watch, I was in a good mood and said "what the Heck!" Counter offered, then he messages" Please, please, I need it for my collection." Then I thought Ok! It's not a perfect example, but maybe he wants it to fill the gap and have one. I sell it cheap compared to what a perfect one would go for.... send it on it's way...The day he gets it, I get messages that he's not happy. Want's some money back or a return....To make all this short and to the point? I just had a gut feeling it was going to be trouble from the start, but gave him the benefit of doubt. Ebay sided on my side, his complaints were trivial and in the pictures and the description. I think some of them do this purposely, you really have to watch how you answer their questions sometimes! :dontknow:

Had another one...In the listing it said Re-cased. Some of these good pocket watches had gold or silver cases that were scrapped years ago. A friend and I re-cased a few better, rarer movement's cutting and modifying cases to fit. Anyhow, this was mentioned in the listing! I still got messages asking me if it was the original case! Well, honestly, it was in a price range of, "If you don't know what your looking at you shouldn't be buying it!!" $1200. Plus clearly stated in the listing and would be worth at least twice that in an original case!!!! :dontknow:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions