Reelsnrods

Feb 13, 2013
Nantucket
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Our south and east facing beaches have been taking a hit the last decade. Both areas have lost hundreds of feet of beach, and in some areas numerous houses have fallen victim to the tides. I spent 3-4 hours going over a couple hundred yards of beach as the tide fell back after big winds last night. I haven't had much luck hunting cuts, but today changed that! Nothing of huge value, and most of the clad I did find was so sand blasted I'm pretty sure I can't even make it beer money:thumbsup:
Interestingly I did find some old coins as well. One Indian head and 3 wheats. I'm pretty sure none of the change was silver... Maybe next time! The ring looks like junk, was hoping for silver there as well.
Lots of coins sitting on top of the sand on a layer of black sand that had accumulated. As you can imagine with multiple houses lost to the surf, there was massive amounts of nails, washers and trash. Between all that junk, the layer of black sand and saltwater, I should have had my CZ with me....again. image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Upvote 0

WaterWalker

Jan 31, 2007
Cape Cod, Massachuestts
Detector(s) used
Garrett (Infinium, ATPro, ATX), Minelab Excalibur, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites (Surfmaster PI, Quantum), JW Fisher 8X, DetectorPro Underwater 8", Minelab Equinox 800, Manticore, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Now I know where all the sand is coming from!
Stay safe and GL on your future hunt in the eroded area.
Love the older, long lost items, even if they are not of much value, especially the ones you have to do some research to find out just what they are or how old they may be.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your pictures and descriptions of this area are what I call "Nominal" for detectorists...

Not good for land owners... but great for you.

Word of advice...
ANY free time you have... spend here detecting... even if you are not finding much... push on and just keep working it.
IF the high tide is washing out up to dunes on regular basis...
Work from high mark to surf and back...
Then repeat as much as possible.

New finds will be "exposed" to your detectors reach daily.

OP
OP
R

Reelsnrods

Feb 13, 2013
Nantucket
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1450722448.833169.jpg

I only had 30 minutes for a follow up hunt at the cut today. I recently moved and my CZ is buried, so I used the AT Pro again. It was all over the place in the wet sand an mineralized dirt. Will have to read through some posts to try and improve in the saltwater if possible. Found a junk pin, gear and a couple coins, one being a wheat, but seriously chewed on... It's like no one ever dropped a dime at the beach back then:). I need me some silver!!!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get that CZ out there and don't waste anymore time with the ATP.:thumbsup:

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Oh, Boy! Would I love to hunt that area!:thumbsup:

Get back there ...soon!