Not just gold in the pan - Maryland

Greenie
May 22, 2009
Jarrettsville, Harford Co., MD
Detector(s) used
White DFX
I pan for gold. Most of the time in the streams close to home in Harford Co., MD. The big yellow picture is of gold taken from Harford Co. streams. I also search the black sand for micro-minerals. The streams around here are loaded with minerals. The other picture is of Anatase (these are blue and dark blue; I've also have them in yellow and tan) one of the three crystal forms of Titanium Oxide (paint pigment, sunscreen, food coloring) the other two being Brookite and Rutile. Each was formed by different degrees of heat and pressure. For some reason I find gold in the streams with Anatase.

Always on the lookout for others in this area that want to collect.

Attachments

• DSCN2367_2.jpg
    DSCN2367_2.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 2,236
  • Anatase_2.jpg
    Anatase_2.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 1,795
Upvote 0

RuffandTuff

Nov 24, 2005
Mr. 11007, I sent you a PM. I have a friend that was a good friend of Jack Nelson's. Thanks, RuffandTuff.

OP
OP

Greenie
May 22, 2009
Jarrettsville, Harford Co., MD
Detector(s) used
White DFX
Never asked. Where I go is usually private property with permission to hunt. I've never used a dredge.

Normally I don't hunt for gold, it just shows up. I look for micro-minerals/crystals. My sluice doesn't trap what I'm looking for very well. I almost always use a pan, shovel, screen, and sucker. With the pan I have better control over how 'hard' I work the silt and black sand. It all depends on the weight of what I'm looking for - but no matter what that is, I always get the gold.

RuffandTuff

Nov 24, 2005
Mr. 11007, thanks for the additional info. I purchased a sucker tube a few years ago, but I have never used it. Would like to hook-up some day except for Sundays for some panning. Thanks, RuffandTuff.

Spikeomega

Dec 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, i have read that there is gold in Harford County but never found any. If your still active i would love to join you. I have all my own equipment and decent prospecting experience.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome, 11007 and Spike. You have joined a GREAT bunch of hooligans! Tnet ain't nothing without its people! Enjoy.TTC

csadigger

Greenie
Jan 17, 2012
Adamstown MD
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Gold Prospectors...The GPAA has a New Chapter in Frederick MD..
next meeting is...
Friday, May 11, 2012
8:00pm

• Mt Carmel Church in frederick MD

• Please join us for our newly formed GPAA Frederick/Mt Airy Chapter meeting. You do not have to be a member to come, so bring your friends and family and check us out! or give me a call at 301-524-4376 we also have a FaceBook Group; GPAA Frederick MD

Auoverthere

May 11, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, I am from cecil county md. I live on Charlestown. I have always want to learn how to pan for gold for as long as i could remember. I have had to settle for just buyimg gold nuggets on ebay....lol I realize this is an old thread but if you are still looking for some one to pan with or teach them the ropes I would be very much interested. My name is Victor and im 43. I have a metal dectector but I'm not that good with it.....let me know. Take care....vic

chatmangreer

Mar 4, 2012
Greer, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Groundhog, AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome 11007. You lucky dog!

Never asked. Where I go is usually private property with permission to hunt. I've never used a dredge.

Normally I don't hunt for gold, it just shows up. I look for micro-minerals/crystals. My sluice doesn't trap what I'm looking for very well. I almost always use a pan, shovel, screen, and sucker. With the pan I have better control over how 'hard' I work the silt and black sand. It all depends on the weight of what I'm looking for - but no matter what that is, I always get the gold.

[QUOTE but no matter what that is, I always get the gold. QUOTE]

I bet that sucks! :thumbsup:

NJnuggetpirate

Bronze Member
Feb 14, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett PRO POINTER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

by any chance PM me if you want to keep it downlow is the spot your hunt rock run

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread