Not much but a good recovery story

celtex

Oct 25, 2009
Texas Panhandle
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision, XLT; ACE 250;Bounty Hunter,Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went to an old school with a couple from the club and my family and didn't really burn up the place but my 4 year son did find a keeper. A Blackberry internet phone, a nice one. Came running over from the tot lot really proud of himself. When I got it was dead but you could tell it was a working phone. After we hunted for about two hours I took the phone to one of those Cell Phone kiosk inside a grocery story. Told the young lady how we found the phone and asked her if she had a charger for it so I could get the owner info. She said she did since she had the same phone, a $500 one! Ouch! After about 10 minutes it had enough charge to turn on and I was able to get the address book open and found the owners name and her Moms phone number. I called it when I got home and left a message saying we had her Daughter's phone. About twenty minutes later the owner called pretty excited. My son handed it to her when we drove over to her place. He was proud to give it to her and got a big hug for his efforts. She said she had seen us at the park but didn't think we would find it since her daughter "Buried it" LOL They had been looking for it for 2 days and had written it off. Well needless to say she was over joyed at getting her "life back" as it had all her contacts for her daycare business and much more. So even if I didn't have a 'silver' day it was till golden to see my son return a phone to the proper owner.

Attachments

• cellphonefind.jpg
    cellphonefind.jpg
    220.9 KB · Views: 602
Jun 17, 2010
Middle,Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Detectors used: Garrett GTI 2500 and Garrett Ace 250,Garrett Treasure-Ace 200(retired) with Garrett PRO-POINTER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Not much but a good revocery story

I agree with Happy Harry....people like you and your son, keep us "treasure hunters" looking good! :hello2:

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You did a good thing and also taught your son a valuable lesson as well :icon_thumleft: It is a pain in the neck if you lose those phones, they run $100 for a Blackberry, so I'll sell that other clerk 2 for $500 and give her a deal of her lifetime. The other good thing about these phones is that the phone company has all your data backed up and can retrieve it in a heartbeat.

OP
OP
C

celtex

Oct 25, 2009
Texas Panhandle
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

spartacus53 (MIMITW) said:
You did a good thing and also taught your son a valuable lesson as well :icon_thumleft: It is a pain in the neck if you lose those phones, they run $100 for a Blackberry, so I'll sell that other clerk 2 for $500 and give her a deal of her lifetime. The other good thing about these phones is that the phone company has all your data backed up and can retrieve it in a heartbeat.

I think the lady that lost it was more concerned about the data and address info. She was a happy camper and my son saw that reaction so it was a very good lesson for him and as always when I return a find I too got a golden day.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

celtex said:
She was a happy camper and my son saw that reaction so it was a very good lesson for him and as always when I return a find I too got a golden day.

Yes, it was a good day for both of you with no doubt.

OP
OP
C

celtex

Oct 25, 2009
Texas Panhandle
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Forgot to add a cavet about the "dead phone".

This morning at 5:45 her phone alarm went off. >:( She almost didn't get it back as I considered tossing it across the room! :tongue3:

dpitt8

May 2, 2008
wa
celtex said:
Forgot to add a cavet about the "dead phone".

This morning at 5:45 her phone alarm went off. >:( She almost didn't get it back as I considered tossing it across the room! :tongue3:

:laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread