diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I been working on the weekends lately so I haven't been out much. I did manage a few sales this morning and found a few pieces of sterling jewelry at a bargain price. Total weight on the pieces is 63.26 grams, not including the sterling vermeil cameo set. The gecko is cool and the bracelet in the back is a Taxco piece. Paid $7.00 for the lot.
This was after I went to a sale that was listed on CL as "Sunday only" with sterling, stamps, coins, and a photo of an antique typewriter, a-holes never set up and didn't answer the phone (they had listed) or the door when I knocked. There were only 4 cars in the driveway and a Harley on the porch. Probably drank too much and said screw it, idiots.

100_5338.jpg

acevillav

May 5, 2005
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
That sux about those knuckleheads sleeping through the sale and not even bothering to answer the knock at the door >:( At least you got a little loot :icon_thumleft:

Ace Villa-v

leadnugget

Jul 29, 2006
arizona
Detector(s) used
gpx6000
gp extreme
gold monster 1000
nokta simplex
very nice buy.
love the taxco, here in Arizona i see a lot of it, but often over priced.
i need to do more research on the older taxco markings, as it seems to bring the premium prices.
by the way, what do you tell the Lady's/sellers when your looking/buying silver gold.
i have gotten some strange looks and comments.
at one sale, the seller giggled about a man buying woman's jewelry.
but i didn't mine as i just paid her 30 bucks for over an ounce of 14k.
her asking price.

OP
OP
diggummup

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
leadnugget said:
by the way, what do you tell the Lady's/sellers when your looking/buying silver gold.
i have gotten some strange looks and comments.
at one sale, the seller giggled about a man buying woman's jewelry.
but i didn't mine as i just paid her 30 bucks for over an ounce of 14k.
her asking price.
That's easy, the wife is always with me, so I act like it's for her. We have our signals down pat and she knows when to say yes, when I ask her, "hey babe do ya like this piece here?" I'm the one with more buying/picking knowledge, so she comes to me with items and i'll say yea or nay as to whether "I like it" or not. I'm trying to teach her what to look for.

kennedyfan

Jul 22, 2011
Detector(s) used
Bank Tellers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
diggummup said:
That's easy, the wife is always with me, so I act like it's for her. We have our signals down pat and she knows when to say yes, when I ask her, "hey babe do ya like this piece here?" I'm the one with more buying/picking knowledge, so she comes to me with items and i'll say yea or nay as to whether "I like it" or not. I'm trying to teach her what to look for.

Ha! I'm usually at yard sales with my son, so when either of us is checking out a something like jewelry or potentially sterling kitchenware, we say "Hey, do you think mom would like this?" (And if the answer is yes, then it must be something worth getting!) So far, we've picked up just a little bit of sterling, but it's fun to look.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread