Not much but at least i got out

fish1on

Silver Member
Aug 28, 2012
Farr West, utah
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70 with 6.5", 10" Elliptical, & 11" Search Coil. Garret pro pointer AT, Minelab excaliber II (New machine)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
$1.68, a pin, an earring, castmaster lure, and a ton of pull tabs. Man i need to get off the beach and into the water. Still looking for a deal on a water machine.
357924[/ATTACH] 1.jpg 2.jpg

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 53
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Upvote 8

Dan(NM)

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2014
Central Texas
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Modified Explorer 2
Raptor c-31 digger
31" Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Something is better than nothing, plus, good exercise and some fresh air.

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I might be joining you in Utah for the winter. Looking for a house in Duchesne now. I agree, the water is where it is at. However you found some stuff and there is more there.

Also there is stuff in older parks in SLC. I can't wait to hit a few again.

Last edited:
OP
OP
fish1on

fish1on

Silver Member
Aug 28, 2012
Farr West, utah
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70 with 6.5", 10" Elliptical, & 11" Search Coil. Garret pro pointer AT, Minelab excaliber II (New machine)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Im more of a northern Utah hunter bear lake specificaly. Salt lake city gives me anxiety just thinking about it. Cz-21's that you swing are my first choice in next machine. EARY WELCOME TO UTAH to you.

Last edited:

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Im more of a northern Utah hunter bear lake specificaly. Salt lake city gives me anxiety just thinking about it. Cz-21's that you swing are my first choice in next machine. EARY WELCOME TO UTAH to you.

I swing two CZ-21's and a Tiger Shark. I also swing and E-Trac. I have three daughters in Ogden and one in Duchesne. I have lived all over Utah. Magna, Taylorsville, Ephraim, Fairview, SLC and others. My wife is buried in Nephi and I will be as well. I have dove the Ogden river, Provo river, Pineview, Deer Creek, Fish lake and Strawberry.

Pretty place. But I will come back to my house and boats in the spring and play more in the water here. Your lake is safe from me probably! I have heard of it, just never tried it. I think the state record brown trout came out of there if my memory serves me right. I used to catch some pretty big ones at night in the rivers.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on getting out, those CZ's aren't cheap. They're in the same range as the Excalibur. The Excalibur may end up being had a little cheaper. That will leave enough left over for a camera,, lol
Congrats on your finds.

OP
OP
fish1on

fish1on

Silver Member
Aug 28, 2012
Farr West, utah
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on getting out, those CZ's aren't cheap. They're in the same range as the Excalibur. The Excalibur may end up being had a little cheaper. That will leave enough left over for a camera,, lol
Congrats on your finds.

I like the Fisher product line, always have but the excal is not off my watch list. I do have many cameras but couldnt post a pic as I had limited internet where I was at. Post updated with pics now, not much to look at maybe I should have left all the tabs and slaw in the pictures?? LOL

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the Fisher product line, always have but the excal is not off my watch list. I do have many cameras but couldnt post a pic as I had limited internet where I was at. Post updated with pics now, not much to look at maybe I should have left all the tabs and slaw in the pictures?? LOL
I hear you,, I was a Garrett guy for many, many, years.
Someone I really respect as a water hunter recommended the Excalibur. I haven't regretted it. I'm on my second one.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unless your looking to go deeper than 10 ft you could get by with an AT pro.

OP
OP
fish1on

fish1on

Silver Member
Aug 28, 2012
Farr West, utah
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Unless your looking to go deeper than 10 ft you could get by with an AT pro.

Thank you for the option/tip.

My F70 can do the shallow water but I am afraid of an accidental drop and doing damage as I would be with the AT pro. I do not dive but may snorkle. Plus, I want another detector LOL

Tommy G

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2015
Virginia
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Getting out is half the battle in this heat, so when you are able to pull together some nice finds like you did; label that a great day! I bought the AT Pro specifically because it was waterproof to 10 ft. I've not scuba dived in several years, but reading Scuba's posts always start me thinking back in that direction. If I decide to go deep (deeper than 10 ft that is), then I would need another machine; but the AT Pro handles the rivers and streams that I sometimes hunt and it has served me well.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread