Not much but Im HOOKED!

Fort A

Oct 29, 2013
Arkansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not much but I'm HOOKED!

Me and my son went out for a little while this morning and found a few things. We are just getting into this and can't get enough. Does anybody know what the hook button like thing was used for.....maybe a jacket. These were found around a civil war camp.

Attachments

• 022.JPG
    022.JPG
    155.8 KB · Views: 63
  • 023.JPG
    023.JPG
    165.1 KB · Views: 69
  • 025.JPG
    025.JPG
    172.2 KB · Views: 76
Upvote 4

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know what the hook is, but don't throw anything away (rule number one) until you know what it is. Is that dirty bent thing a coin?

Fitzwilk

Jan 6, 2013
East Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting finds. Any writing on the small metal plate at the lower left of the last photo?

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's an interesting assortment , half the fun is finding out what they are! Great tag team you've got, father and son! The best part, it just gets better, HH

wildcarrot

Oct 5, 2013
SoCal
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
old used white's surfmaster PI, Dual Field, DFX, Minelab GM 1000 and Nox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The hook button type thing was used to keep you metal detecting :)
Nice stuff

Helix

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett gti 2500, Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Old CW camp!!?! Id set my detector on all metal and let it rip!

justdon

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics delta4000/Tesoro compadre/Garrett ace 250/Garrett propointer/Garrett at pro/Tesoro silver umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You are off to a good start.HH.

Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2011
Dalton,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on getting into this with your son, Ya'll have done good today
The first find is a knapsack hook, #2 photo=Looks like two square cut nail's
two modern rifle bullets,A civil war era bullet(can't tell much more)A civil war era
bullet made into a poker chip. The button looks off a pair of jeans, And not sure
about the other......From now own if you will post on the what's it forum you'll
Get a lot more Help......................HH

Fullstock

Bronze Member
Oct 14, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's a knap sack hook, keep searching the area, there could be some good relics left there.

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go the the CW knapsack hook and lead. Looks like possibly a poker chip made from a bullet like Gunrunner mentioned above. Good sign that troops may have been there a while. SEARCH IT WELL. :thumbsup:
-MM-

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds search it from all directions.

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Definitely a Knap sack hook. I dug several in my early years of detecting CW relics before I knew what they were. Never dug one anywhere that was not a CW related site. Better crank it up on that site. CW relics are what many of us live to hunt and they are getting few and far between. With the bullets to back it up you are in a good spot.:icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
Fort A

Fort A

Oct 29, 2013
Arkansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on getting into this with your son, Ya'll have done good today
The first find is a knapsack hook, #2 photo=Looks like two square cut nail's
two modern rifle bullets,A civil war era bullet(can't tell much more)A civil war era
bullet made into a poker chip. The button looks off a pair of jeans, And not sure
about the other......From now own if you will post on the what's it forum you'll
Get a lot more Help......................HH

My son is 24 and this was his first time with a cheaper MD to go out and hunt. He found the Lead bullet and it was on after that, he was not ready to go after that when it was time to leave. lol

OP
OP
Fort A

Fort A

Oct 29, 2013
Arkansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Definitely a Knap sack hook. I dug several in my early years of detecting CW relics before I knew what they were. Never dug one anywhere that was not a CW related site. Better crank it up on that site. CW relics are what many of us live to hunt and they are getting few and far between. With the bullets to back it up you are in a good spot.:icon_thumleft:

Ok here's were i'm at. The guy i work for owns this place were i've started digging. It was built by Black Union Soldiers on the white river in Arkansas during the CW. It is the best built dirt fort left west of the Miss. river that you can tell what it was. On the back side the hill is about 12 tall. This place was MD out buy a lot of guys way before he bought this place. Around and inside the fort there's not much left but i work there everyday and at one time there were 20,000 union troop's there around the town during the CW. So i got to looking at the land scape and thought were some soldiers might set up tents close to the fort and about 200 yards is were i found the poker chip,bullet,and nap sack hook. Now after you guys tell me about the nap sack hook i think i'm in the right place to go back and look more. Here's 3 some pictures of it.

007.JPG 006.JPG 005.JPG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread