Not much to write home about, silver, Wheats, unknown tag

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Lesch digger, Nel Tornado coil for ATPro, Garret ATMax with Nel Tornado coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was able to get back to a permission that the owner said was really detected hard by a neighbor. He said I wouldn't find much because the neighbor spent so much time there. I did spend about 4 and 1/2 hours there on Friday and dug a lot of trash, but was still able to find a few keepers. Goes to show that you can never get it all. This is the same yard I found 2 nice Indians and some other artifacts the other day. It wasn't much this time, But I will be satisfied with a small pile of clad and a 1944 Merc, and 2 Wheat pennies, 1944 and 1946. Also an odd tag that is about half dollar size and has stamped on it BELT and the number 4. I thought at first that it might have been a cow tag because there is a butcher shop connected to the property.
Happy hunting and thanks for looking. IMG_0001.JPG IMG_0003.JPG IMG_0004.JPG IMG_0005.JPG IMG_0006.JPG

Upvote 11

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nope. We never get it all. Nice score on the keepers and the holed tag. Probably for a cow as you suspect I reckon.:icon_thumright:

guardez

Apr 19, 2014
SEMO
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 Pro Pack ,Tesoro DeLeon, Outlaw, Compadre,
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Any hunt with silver is a good day. That lady is in excellent shape. Find us some gold eagles! HH and Good Luck.
Steve Guardez.:coffee2:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratulations on the nice hunt! :occasion14:

Phishfindr

Bronze Member
Apr 7, 2017
NEW ENGLAND
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Pro Pointer AT Z-Lynk, Lesche digging tools, Pack Mule finds bag by Freeloader.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That merc is in great condition. Nice haul!

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
ID SAY THE MERC TOOK FRONT AND CENTER.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'd say that pulling out what you have is pretty sweet...or maybe the other guy was just that bad? feels good though don't it?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread