Not much today

crankyolman22

Nov 20, 2008
Des Moines, Wa
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, pro pointer, F-point
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last week it was raining (Seattle, Go Figure :dontknow: ) so I spent my detecting time at the wife's sewing machine modifying my finds pouch into a Batman Super Metal Detecting Tool Belt (BSMDTB) This week I was itching to give it a try.

I was good last year so Santa brought me a pro pointer for Christmas which is just what I needed to finish up the little park I found the old Chinese coin in. So as the sun rose, which in Seattle means the sky got a little lighter gray, I headed over to the park. The first signal I got was a quarter, (a good sign), 2 feet from the sidewalk. Not much else until I reached the picnic tables, I already gridded this entire park so the quarter surprised me.

The picnic tables are made out of steel and throw up too much interference for my detector and my F-Point is too weak but the pro pointer works real well.

Crawling around under the tables I found the usual loose change. (No jewelry :( ) then I just wandered around a bit until it was time to go.

The BSMDTB worked perfectly and when I got home I cleaned and checked my finds. A Dollar bill, 4 Quarters, 2 Dimes, 17 Pennies but the big surprise was the Nickle which turned out to be 1939.
All in all I'm pretty happy ;D

Attachments

• 02JAN12 MD1.JPG
    02JAN12 MD1.JPG
    42 KB · Views: 182
  • 02JAN12 MD4.JPG
    02JAN12 MD4.JPG
    31.4 KB · Views: 146
  • 02JAN12 MD3.JPG
    02JAN12 MD3.JPG
    23.9 KB · Views: 150
Upvote 0