Not my best find, but certainlly my biggest.

Desert Don

Dec 28, 2015
On the Mojave Desert near Mojave.
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ACE 350, and Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505. In the past: Home made detector (circa 1969), World War II mine detector, Fisher M70 M-Scope (1971), Bounty Hunter TR 550, Bounty Hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just thought I share with you guys one of my more unique finds. I didn't actually find it with my detector, but I was out hunting with the detector when I found it. Over the years I've come across several areas where there was a massive iron target buried too far down for me to dig with the tools I carried with me. This video confirms what I thought they were. Several years ago, I started making videos of some of my adventures. Below is the YouTube link to one of them. I'll post others in the future if anyone is interested.

Desert Don

AKA: Bucky on YouTube.

https://youtu.be/9A9dwJZ1c3k

Upvote 1

Seabees

Jan 3, 2014
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
-Whites & Minelab-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Desert Don welcome to tent. You need to rent a tractor and drag that home with you, for the perfect yard art. I love it. How far out side of Mojave is that site/area?
-seabees

OP
OP
D

Desert Don

Dec 28, 2015
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ACE 350, and Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505. In the past: Home made detector (circa 1969), World War II mine detector, Fisher M70 M-Scope (1971), Bounty Hunter TR 550, Bounty Hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Desert Don welcome to tent. You need to rent a tractor and drag that home with you, for the perfect yard art. I love it. How far out side of Mojave is that site/area?
-seabees

Seabees, It's not far from my home. I go out there all the time. The area is an old Military bombing and strafing range from World War II. But the thing is, that the old 20 mule team trail runs right through the middle of it. I found all sorts of goodies on the old trail. Included some live bombs. If you guys are not familiar with the range, or the 20 mule team trail, let me know and I'll give some links to explain it and show some of the bombs I've found out there.

Desert Don

Seabees

Jan 3, 2014
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
-Whites & Minelab-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don I'm not to fumiler with the Military bombing site but I have read up on the Old 20 Mule Team. If one could find a camp or two that would make a great adventure. If you could pass on those links I would love to gain more knolawge of that area.
Thanks, seabees.

OP
OP
D

Desert Don

Dec 28, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don I'm not to fumiler with the Military bombing site but I have read up on the Old 20 Mule Team. If one could find a camp or two that would make a great adventure. If you could pass on those links I would love to gain more knolawge of that area.
Thanks, seabees.

Well since you asked. Here is a link to my video about the 20 Mule Team Trail. https://youtu.be/Ay3U4VocPZI I do a lot of metal detecting on this trail. It never ceases to amaze me as to what come out of the ground.

Desert Don

Molewacker

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2015
Yacolt WA
Detector(s) used
EQ 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don, Welcome to tnet, and I hope you keep sharing your finds with us, that video was so fun to watch! Be careful out there, and HH.

Seabees

Jan 3, 2014
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
-Whites & Minelab-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice video's, I watched them all. Thanks for all the info. Maybe this spring I'll try to make my way out onto the trail when it starts to warm up a bit.
seabees

OP
OP
D

Desert Don

Dec 28, 2015
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice video's, I watched them all. Thanks for all the info. Maybe this spring I'll try to make my way out onto the trail when it starts to warm up a bit.
seabees

Yes...warm up a bit will be nice. I was out there last Sunday, but I got so cold that I had to leave. Then when it gets hot, we'll be complaining about the heat. You just can't win...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread