Not My Weekend

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
Hi everyone,

Trying to get out consistently every weekend that I can. Put in 3 hours yesterday at some sidewalk strips in my neighborhood. Worked 3 Corner houses but couldn't manage any silver. I did find 5 Wheats (47S, 56D x2, 57D x2).

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1518301766.480144.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1518301802.506912.jpg

Worked a couple parks this morning for a combined 4 hours. First park was a bust. It dates back to the 30s but in several visits my brother and I have yet to pull even a Wheat. He did find a gold ring and I found a silver ring at different points. Tried a new area and still nothing old.

Wanted a change of scenery so I went to a park that my brother I worked to death almost a decade ago. Back then we found a Franklin half, silver washington, a handful of Mercs and War Nickels, loads of wheats, numerous pieces of silver jewelry and a 1920s gold class ring.

No such luck this morning but I did manage a couple wheats to at least pick up something old today. Both are too toasted to really be able to tell what they are but I'd guess 40s based on the history of the area.

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1518302031.022765.jpg

I wish you better luck than me and hopefully I'll be back next weekend with something fun to report!

-W

Upvote 13

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You scored some keepers. That's fine by me. Staring out at a foot of snow has me jealous for your finds buddy. Keep plugging away. Better finds will come.

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
I wouldn't turn my nose up at a hunt like that right now....:icon_thumleft:

8Reales

Bronze Member
Dec 16, 2015
Baltimore
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, BH Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
U know that if there are wheats silver is not far behind.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have no idea what I would give for finding a Wheat Penny right now ! I have been locked up with snow for 2 weeks, and as of this morning there are 15 inches out my window. I'm not going anywhere for a week or two until it melts. Supposed to be in the 40's by Wednesday of next week. That should put the hurt on this fluffy white stuff !

OP
OP
washingtonian

washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
You have no idea what I would give for finding a Wheat Penny right now ! I have been locked up with snow for 2 weeks, and as of this morning there are 15 inches out my window. I'm not going anywhere for a week or two until it melts. Supposed to be in the 40's by Wednesday of next week. That should put the hurt on this fluffy white stuff !

Dang, that sounds awful. That does help put it in perspective. Good luck with the thaw!

Cool Hand Fluke

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2006
In the Heart of Wine Country in Northern Californi
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ6, CZ5, Coinstrike, Fisher CZ20, Fisher 1235X, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites Surfmaster P.I. ,
, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've had so many hunts with only wheaties to show that I lost count. Just keep planing and researching new locations to hunt, the silver will come...I guarantee it!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice job and you got out digging! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread