rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well here are some artifacts I have gotten by purchase. Sometimes when the time is rite you just have to buy. I do enjoy hunting and finding them the most but some things you just cant find. I fell in love with these and its like buying a new car. When you first buy it you love it and then after time you see something else you want. Hope you all enjoy, Thanks rock

Attachments

• 100_2502.JPG
    100_2502.JPG
    315 KB · Views: 96
  • 100_2495.JPG
    100_2495.JPG
    299.3 KB · Views: 85
  • 100_2492.JPG
    100_2492.JPG
    307.5 KB · Views: 103
  • 100_2041.JPG
    100_2041.JPG
    336.8 KB · Views: 97
  • 100_2329.JPG
    100_2329.JPG
    246.5 KB · Views: 81
  • 100_2334.JPG
    100_2334.JPG
    311.5 KB · Views: 80
  • 100_2144.JPG
    100_2144.JPG
    626.1 KB · Views: 82
  • 100_1998.JPG
    100_1998.JPG
    306.2 KB · Views: 77
Upvote 0

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice rock. I have one like that old and yellow one. Is the blue with the white cortex a benton?

Get-the-point

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
PA. NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you posted a pic of this before. I love that 2nd blade and as said before that is a extremely nice collection going...................GTP(Chris)

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Nothing at all wrong with buying in my eyes.If you dont get it somebody else will.

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice rock. I have one like that old and yellow one. Is the blue with the white cortex a benton?

Well I thought Mays on it but it is from Tn. I am always up for ideas. The person I bought it from said it was a Pickwick knife but I didnt think it was. I got the tan one with that one at the same table from the same person. And I havent been hunting in 2 weeks and am bored. Maybe later this week I can go. Thanks,rock

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing at all wrong with buying in my eyes.If you dont get it somebody else will.

I agree on that cause they dont make the old ones anymore and most are in collections. That is where these came from is somebodys collection

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just do not do like one of my mentors. He hunted in the hay day anything goes and later in life he collected. His stuff is in many books. His collection was a monster and only he really knew it. He passed away not long ago. Now it is slowly drifting out to others... I have pictures of a lot of it. Glad I do. He told me to keep mine clean and separate. Trying.
Thanks for sharing. My best point ever is a Benton. Wormanship that blows everything I have away.

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I keep them all in different places by location. I can tell you the spot I have found anything in my collection. Some put all the like items together but I put mine together by found locations. That way they dont get mixed up.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
I agree on that cause they dont make the old ones anymore and most are in collections. That is where these came from is somebodys collection

I came across a 40 piece collection in an antique store.It had a documentation note with it saying when,where and who found it. I grabbed it.I paid 300 bucks for it.

larson1951

Silver Member
Apr 8, 2009
North Dakota
Detector(s) used
tesoro
Primary Interest:
Other
that middle one on the bottom sure is pretty

i think Tnmountains sent me a piece made of the same material
really shiny

pickaway

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
Detector(s) used
ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow good eye... that game ball is museum quality.

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Some really beautiful lithics there, rock. I think you got the "psychology" of collecting via the wallet down pat. It will always be about "what's next?", and that's true of any collectable if you think of it, and it's the mind set of most all collectors regardless of the object of their desire. My own collection is 90+ % personal finds, (and my wife's finds;she's a heck of a surface hunter), but I've bought alot over the years. Mostly stuff from southern New England, but some stuff from further afield. And that's where I can get into trouble-buying stuff from regions where I'm not as familiar with the artifacts, materials, etc. But, IMHO, doing both is fun, and like yourself, I buy stuff I know I'm not likely to find myself too soon. It's fun to curate pieces from older collections, too, and add your name to an artifacts' history. Nice stuff!

gwhitson

Feb 16, 2007
nw ar--se ks
Detector(s) used
whites dfx
all of my collection is 100%personal finds of my dad and me,it's a personal thing for me to leave to my sons,that being said i understand the buying of artifacts for people that want to expand their collections or study the past after all there wouldn't be any museums if the artifacts weren't collected from all diff areas

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
True it is for sure something to think about when it comes to buying. I bought these from a show I went to that was hosted by the Peach state group that is listed at the base of my avatar. They were to be no reproductions at the show and everything was checked to be sure. It was a good show and only a rather small one so I am sure they are all good. As far as I know I have never bought a repo and really dont want to either. I like the old ones myself. I will post the best 2 I have found to date and they were both in the same spot. I have gone back many times to try and find more like these but so far they are the only ones like them. I believe the same person made both of them and I will never sell them. With them is a very large flake. Personal finds is a much different feeling than bought ones. Thanks for all of the nice replys everyone, rock

Attachments

• 100_2100.JPG
    100_2100.JPG
    696.5 KB · Views: 58

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions