not to be deprived of silver---more at Woodstock, NY----- plus a possible treat???

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the small item in the 1st photo is the 1st hole I dug. :metaldetector: 8-)
the large item is a "ben dover" eyeball (.925)--- the last item of the day :icon_thumright:

IMG_5993.JPG

a '47 wheat & Israeli coin get added to the $2 in CRAD
IMG_5994.JPG IMG_5995.JPG

a "no eye deer" brass shaft holding a tapered piece of wood with a brass pin :dontknow::dontknow: 2" X 3/4"

IMG_5996.JPG

brass "knob" is a cap for tube of paint circa late 1800's from F. W. Devoe & Co., NY-----

go figger--- artists paint in an artist colony called Woodstock. 8-)8-)

IMG_5997.JPG IMG_5998.JPG

the small cap is likely for a small artist :tongue3::laughing7:

found a few squeeze tubes in the forest & gave 'em no thought---- guess they were also paint tubes -----A

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 15

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wait, who's bush are you playing with?! :laughing7:

OP
OP
P

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry--- you know me and I am a straight up shooter and I would never be a bushwhacker without just cause.
the field was totally baled today & all the hay is headed to the belly of some cattle & other wildlife. smooth as a lawn--- now--- where da relics :dontknow:
hope to hear from Bambi soon --- she was a no show with the puppies today.
got a hankerin' for some sweet & sweet Oriental fruit (.) (.) :laughing9:
Wait, who's bush are you playing with?! :laughing7:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice silver and relics. I think all of us know Ben Dover without him we would have no finds

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool digs congrats on snagging some silver

OP
OP
P

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thought a long time about how the "super" moderator BUTCHERED my original post as "INNUENDO"---- so now that the thought police have decided they they were OFFENDED--- here is the real story:
1- no comments other than complimentary were stated about the lovely Asian lady
2- her puppies are a pair of Bichon frise's
3- the invitation to hunt her yard--- the land is covered in Far East "bushes", rocks, and fruit plants
4- the tubes on the forest floor were paint tubes-- but a reasonable person would not assume that, but could easily assume they were the brand of jelly that was in the post---- not like "form-a-gasket" tubes would be in the wilderness--- but activity known to happen between human males and females IS COMMON
5- the entire idea of the post is to reveal found items with a bit of humor and even a play on words
6- the terms of service clearly say that the site is for non- minors, but any implied use of words is in the mind of the reader. there is not a 6 year old urchin who has not been exposed to "innuendo" or actual words similar to what was "edited"
7- to the offended party---- here is some more humor---- doctors have treatments available to relax muscles in the buttocks area
8- now let us ask the users---- "were you horrified, and did the kids start crying, and the cat ran away"--- or whether the FIRST AMENDMENT actually is OFFICIALLY DEAD in this nation. judging by the amount of users who read AND "LIKE" my posts---maybe a bit of humor is what keeps the interest up.
9- anyone can post ---"I DUG THIS HERE THING"-----WHOOPEE
10- and no digs today-- it :censored: rained----- want to "edit" that ??? :BangHead:

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool finds! Congrats on the silver Rosie! HH

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey a Rosie is still silver and the eyeball ,925 is a great find. No eye deer on the brass and wood thingy? Pigmy "weapon"? I like my foreign coins and have never found one from the not so Holy Land. That painter's cap is a cool find by me. Anything that can be researched and go's back into the 1800's is a very nice relic in my book. Nice hunting mate.:icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
P

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my LCS tested the hoop, 2.2 grams of Sterling. another metal paint tube cap---- F. Weber Co., Phila., Pa., art supply company dates to 1853. guess they would cut the top off to get the last "smidgeon" of paint out :dontknow:

Hey a Rosie is still silver and the eyeball ,925 is a great find. No eye deer on the brass and wood thingy? Pigmy "weapon"? I like my foreign coins and have never found one from the not so Holy Land. That painter's cap is a cool find by me. Anything that can be researched and go's back into the 1800's is a very nice relic in my book. Nice hunting mate.:icon_thumleft:

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PEA, congrats on some cool finds. Your item:
tent pole 1.JPG

Is probably the top of a tent pole:
tent pole 2.jpg

Cheers, Sub 8-)

OP
OP
P

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
and the saga of Woodstock continues--- another field to get hayed & baled awaits--- sure is a bunch of old AND young stuff to find here---

and the diggin' is pretty good too 8-)

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That coin from Israel is real nice. I like finding foreign coins.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread