not wanting to share!!

kawalabear

Jun 24, 2008
eastern shore MD.
Detector(s) used
Garrett
hi, all,

well i think i am being greedy already.

i have been doing alot of research on the puter for places to hunt. along with researching the site i found the 1877 dime. sounds like we need to go back. we have been practcing in our yard ect..

now my Dad is comming for a visit, we get along "O.k." but he is a show off so he's bring his bigger, fancer, newer, mach. one i wounln't be able to understand just starting out. ::) so he wants to go back to our places so he can show me what i missed by being a begginer. :P.

i dont think i am gonna share. i wont be a beginner forever and i just dont want to give all my work away. he used to live here and never really did any decting then.

i guess i am just mean ,but its not gonna happen. we can go to the local park but thats all from me.

have you ever turned anyone down or refused to tell where you found something
when asked even if it was a friend or family?

mean Kawalabear :evil6:

TooManyHobbies

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2007
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You did the research, keep your dream spots to yourself. Find a beach, school, etc that's public or an unknown "new" place, then out detect dad and show him you do OK. Good luck. I think we all have our special spots we don't want to share, at least until we feel we've done our best to hunt it out.

bearbqd

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2007
Shenandoah Valley
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXP II w/ Sunray X-1 probe, Garrett AT Pro/Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not to down your dad, but it's sounds like he's coming off with a pretty arrogant attitude towards you and your new hobby. I think if he had come to you saying, "Wow, that's great that you found that. Maybe I could go with you sometime", I would be more apt to let him go back there with you. With that condescending remark of showing you, the beginner, everything you missed though. I don't think I'd take him.

La Beep

Feb 15, 2008
NE Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, XLT Fisher's CZ5 Garretts GTA 1000
Why would you want to turn him down? Do you think he will hunt the spots without you? And yes it is a competition every time you hunt with somebody but thats half the fun of it besides it makes you hunt harder and better. Now if you choose to continue this course I hope he finds better spots then you, that he finds better finds then you and he won't share with you just rub your nose in it. Having a partner you CAN depend in is important and don't let any body tell you different. But to each his own.

radarwill

Feb 8, 2008
Central MA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
bearbqd said:
With that condescending remark of showing you, the beginner, everything you missed though. I don't think I'd take him.

Did the Dad say that or is that the sons preception?

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am with Treasure Tales 100% on this one. Your dad won't be here forever. Swallow your pride and take him somewhere where you both have a chance at finding something. It doesn't have to be at "your spot."

OP
OP
kawalabear

kawalabear

Jun 24, 2008
eastern shore MD.
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Thanks all, oh by the way i am a girl :-* but thats ok i hunt with my boyfriend so its the both of us, and usually the kids if we go to a beach.

telling him not to act like that is like telling the sun not to rise. haha
i am used to it but he has to be better at everything to everybody. what ever your job is he's done it and better . prob. invented it . but thats just the way he is ,not trying to make him sound too bad he's pretty funny sometimes , he has some good in him to and he really has dected all over the US and Canada back in his day . he's just not the teacher type
i will prob go with him to a park or something. and if he did have a spot to hunt he would deff. NOT share with us. so i dont feel guilty ! it's just hard to say dont wanna go to that spot maybe it will be to far to drive or something.

when we get a chance i hope to go to a local meating to meet people who could teach us stuff ,and i would be more than willing to take someone like that to any spot i hunt.

thanks for ALL the advice. kawalabear

toolman61

May 31, 2008
Kawahla i have a couple of brother in laws like that know everything better than the next person, really iritating but i love them all the same. its hard to put up with no it alls for to long but maybe a few hr. hunt would satisfy his masculanity and maybe if u asked for some tips and watched him closely u could learn also. i'm new to this too and wish i had a hunting partner to learn from. Good luck and like said before remember it is your family. HH tom

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread