Not what I hoped for but better than nothing!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I tried the sidewalk tear out and was completely skunked! Nothing but metal trash!
Went to the old high school, again trash but some clad and a few surprises.
A tag, blue token, couple of '59 Lincoln's ( I always miss by 1 year ), but then on closer inspection...there's a 1952 wheaty in the bunch! Saved by a penny!
All the trash is to the right...unless my pic post sideways. :laughing7:

Just above the token, circled in yellow, is the very toasted single Lincoln penny I found Friday in my son's yard, new house, I couldn't even find in ground trash there, but this was there!
He didn't plant any gold rings this time, cause I told him last time he did it that I'm keeping them from now on! (silence would have been golden!). :laughing7:

The stuff above the circled penny was from last Sunday's hunt just junk and clad. Figured I'd post it all together, why tempt fate with a separate post?
image.jpg

Pic posted sideways...again, my life in Murphy's world! Yes I found words last Sunday! Choice ones! But I can't use them here! :BangHead:

Last edited:
Upvote 9

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Flirting with old stuff there. Congrats on the Wheats. The weight ,round piece with flat cross bar I have yet to find one of.

OP
OP
M

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have two I'll give ya one! Take your pick!
I'm positive the place has been hunted before probably many times. Also top soil may have been added because the wheat was in a wash out.

Last edited:

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
even tho we hope otherwise, it can't always be the good stuff but as long as it is at least interesting that keeps us going! LOL

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've only tried a couple sidewalk tear outs but it seems to be a tricky hunt for me. There is so much "garbage" metals that it's difficult at best to hear a good signal in between. That's one reason I like the ATP. It's recovery time is so quick! Even in one swing I can sometimes pick out several signals.

Still, it looks like you did ok.

About the sideways pic? Take the Pic sideways first, then it'll right itself when you post. ;)

Nice job!

Rick (Nova Scotia)

Silver Member
May 8, 2008
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Omega, F75, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good digs, seems too hot lately to dig that many targets.

Greylock

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2012
Western MA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope you had some shade and lots of water b

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Your photo editing software should offer you the option to rotate your pics to how you want them. Once you do this AND save the results it will load here as you intend it too.
Looks like you are digging a wide variety of signals so you're going to be pleasantly surprised any day now! I haven't been able to do any sidewalk or street tearouts yet.

OP
OP
M

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks all!

WHADIFIND- what's to keep it from posting upside down if I do that...there's that unwritten law you know the Murphy one! I will try that next time I find something, so how far away from the pirates chest should I stand? He he he!
Tear outs are noisy, but so are the schools the M6 constantly chatters but it can pick out the good stuff, for some reason it loves can slaw, and there's an abundance of that!

I hit the ground about day light, when it's still cool then try to hunt under shade when when the sun comes up, if there is some, if not I wear a nifty green cap that makes me look like Castro's cousin, and a green sweat band an inch thick! Is there any doubt why people leave me alone! I just need the black combat boots. Full beard? Well it depends on how much dirt is on my face!
Water goes with me.

I will keep digging and at some point I will come home with something good!
I found some silver jewelry end of last year and beginning of this but couldn't post then, figures !

OP
OP
M

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your photo editing software should offer you the option to rotate your pics to how you want them. Once you do this AND save the results it will load here as you intend it too.
Looks like you are digging a wide variety of signals so you're going to be pleasantly surprised any day now! I haven't been able to do any sidewalk or street tearouts yet.

I think I saw that the first time I posted a pic but I can't repeat what ever mistake I made to correct it. Touching the screen gets me no where.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WHADIFIND- what's to keep it from posting upside down if I do that...there's that unwritten law you know the Murphy one!

I'm sorry, but I can't accept constantly blaming someone else for our woes. ( ;) LOL )

If it posts upside down, rotate it another 90 degrees. :dontknow:

Besides, just tell 'em to click on the pic. It'll show right. :)

Last edited:

Jarl

Jul 28, 2012
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENT: E-Trac

FORMER:Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Garrett AT Pro & Garrett Pinpointer Pro Garrett GTAx 1000, Ace 250

HAVE USED: Teknetics & Bounty Hunters

WANT TO TRY: Tesoro and White's someday
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds...wonder what the T. Fitzgerald tag was from? You got tokens and few other relics too, in addition to a wheat...I'd call that good. :thumbsup:

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Msbeepbeep, however you are holding your phone when you take the pic (I bet vertically) turn it to the right (horizontally) this should orient your photos.

Of course this is if your using your phone to take pix?
I love your finds, especially your token, tokens are my favorite.

OP
OP
M

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Msbeepbeep, however you are holding your phone when you take the pic (I bet vertically) turn it to the right (horizontally) this should orient your photos.

Of course this is if your using your phone to take pix?
I love your finds, especially your token, tokens are my favorite.

Thanks!
I'm using an iPad mini. I'll just turn it next time and see what happens, at lest it won't be diagonal!

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Msbeep looks like you got a few decent relics there, some people would rather find those than a dozen coins! Have you tried dusting the tag with some talc to bring out the text ? And the coat weight is a good find also!

OP
OP
M

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It says. " T. Fitzgerald ". There were a couple of small rusted chain links with it, I'm just guessing machine tag?
The tag is readable, just my picture taking is ......not good.

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Not bad for a morning of work Karen,nice finds! Can't get the visual out of my mind though you with a beard,haha!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coily girl, congrats on the CM....

OP
OP
M

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol ! Keep in mind it's dirt!

Uh oh! Looks like I have to join the CM crowd now! There is not enough hours in the day!
Ok who has free time I can buy?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread