nothing big, but funny luck

jcole8

Jan 19, 2011
I was browsing the paper money section for the first time tonight because I found 3 very funny looking bills while at work tonight. I bought them out of my register and came here to investigate. I was certain that my 3 bills had literally been ripped from an uncut sheet they are all 1988s. After a little serial investigation I found that I was correct. they each have little bits of corners on the ripped parts.

I got to reading a bit on here and found a bit about star notes. Decided I wanted a snack so I drove down the block to the gas station got my treats and asked for 10$ back in $1 bills just to try my streak of great luck. Came back with my first ever star note ! its a 2006 clean with no creases (not sure how common these are or how happy I should be but I'm pretty satisfied ;D) So, In the last 3 weeks I now have the CRH board to thank for my half dollar and dime addiction and now all of you to thank for the old note searching

Thanks everyone!

JasonB

Feb 5, 2008
Alexandria, VA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
What's the serial number? I have the book at my desk here, I'll tell you what it's worth?

Jason B

OP
OP
J

jcole8

Jan 19, 2011
welll... since I made this post I have gotten 3 more star notes in random change! Do other people save these things or am I crazy?
3- 2006 stars
1- 2003A star

azlegends

Jul 13, 2011
jcole8 said:
welll... since I made this post I have gotten 3 more star notes in random change! Do other people save these things or am I crazy?
3- 2006 stars
1- 2003A star

Values vary greatly depending on many factors, including: where they were printed, the signatures on the bill, condition, etc

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread