Montgomery, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800
BH Land Ranger Pro
Vulcan 360 pinpointer
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hunting an older park which I thought would have a lot in the sand pits where the swings and all are at. Been pretty empty but finally got a deep 13 signal but bouncing to 14 slightly. So I dug it just to see, 1970 Nickel in the bottom. About a foot away with the same signal got a tab with the same depth. I’m running park 1 factory settings. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1525345068.044754.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1525345081.028581.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1525345093.197661.jpg

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks like you are loving the Nox800.
HH
dts

Hal2k

Dec 9, 2016
Blountsville, Al
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett AT Max, Garrett AT Pro, with stock coil
AT PRO Pointer, NEL Storm coil, Garrett 5 X 8 coil, 9 X 12 Garrett concentric coil, Nel 6.5 x 9 coil for the Max
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Finding similar with my 800, running the factory programs until I get to know the machine, starting my third read of the manual, LOL.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Finding similar with my 800, running the factory programs until I get to know the machine, starting my third read of the manual, LOL.

it is what it is on the 3rd reading. I have read a manual 10 times as I tried to grasp what it was saying. ... I used to be able to read something once and remember pretty much all of it. Now, I can't always remember why i went into a room.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After a certain point, the re-reading loses its impact until you can marry it up with button pushes and swings of the actual detector. Those actions help to better ingrain the concepts into your brain because you can more concretely link the concepts to physical actions. Don't worry about it DL, it happens to us all if we stick around long enough. Now pardon me while I look for my keys and glasses.

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hal2k I probably have 120 - 130 hours on my E-800 and mostly run factory settings with the exception of some discrimination and sensitivity and have had great success in the past 6 weeks I have found in excess of $200 in clad and 3 silver rings. Plus a rubber Duckie. I run mostly Park1 and Park 2. I have switched from 5 tones to 50 tones. I am really starting to like 50 tones because they seem more concise but that may be just me. I love the hollow sound you get at 29-30 on a quarter. I have had good nickel days but mostly bad. I just can't quite nail down the nickel tone. I get fooled more often than not. I hit 9 nickels one day and thought ok now I got it and the next two days I dug probably 30 tabs. I even switch to all metal and get a very clear sound only to find a tab. I have dug many quarters and dimes at 12" and of course some can slaw too but most often I can tell it's can by raising my coil because the tone is so strong. I love both my 800 and 600.
I do mostly 2 hour hunts because I get tired after 2 hours but this week in the place I been hunting I have found $28.38 in 4 days. I had a $7.10 and 12.35 and $4.77 and $4.16 days. I will probably finish that place today and have to find another honey hole.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hal2k I probably have 120 - 130 hours on my E-800 and mostly run factory settings with the exception of some discrimination and sensitivity and have had great success in the past 6 weeks I have found in excess of $200 in clad and 3 silver rings. Plus a rubber Duckie. I run mostly Park1 and Park 2. I have switched from 5 tones to 50 tones. I am really starting to like 50 tones because they seem more concise but that may be just me. I love the hollow sound you get at 29-30 on a quarter. I have had good nickel days but mostly bad. I just can't quite nail down the nickel tone. I get fooled more often than not. I hit 9 nickels one day and thought ok now I got it and the next two days I dug probably 30 tabs. I even switch to all metal and get a very clear sound only to find a tab. I have dug many quarters and dimes at 12" and of course some can slaw too but most often I can tell it's can by raising my coil because the tone is so strong. I love both my 800 and 600.
I do mostly 2 hour hunts because I get tired after 2 hours but this week in the place I been hunting I have found $28.38 in 4 days. I had a $7.10 and 12.35 and $4.77 and $4.16 days. I will probably finish that place today and have to find another honey hole.

I pretty much dig a repeatable target and hope for the best. I have dug mercs that i was for sure would be a zinoid, don't know why...on edge? minerals? who knows. Don't like the tabs or pull rings either but they also assure me that a spot isn't hunted out or very hard. But it does sound like you have been doing very well. I totally understand the 2 hr hunts. I have simply dug too many good finds that were crappy type signals but and this is a big but, I am not hunting trash saturated places, just mostly LOL. DL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread