Nothing Exciting But Had Fun in the Snow!

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Things are still snow covered in New England but I craved a short hunt! A large wetland runs through my back yard with a small, intermittent stream through a mucky area that hasn’t yet frozen. Well, desperate times call for desperate measures and I traipsed through the muck hoping to find something! :metaldetector:

All I have to show from out of a sloppy, mucky hole is this cool little transistor radio with a plastic hand strap but it must have been a neat little gadget in its day. The area here used to be much drier in the 1970s and the local Boy Scout Troop was known to camp here on weekends. I’ve found at least one aluminum tent stake to verify that.

Thanks For Looking! :thumbsup:
Nick

Attachments

• 100_9822 - Copy.JPG
    100_9822 - Copy.JPG
    599.7 KB · Views: 57
  • 100_9816.JPG
    100_9816.JPG
    545.7 KB · Views: 61
  • 100_9818.JPG
    100_9818.JPG
    405.8 KB · Views: 51
  • 100_9815.JPG
    100_9815.JPG
    505.9 KB · Views: 55
Upvote 7

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neat find, who knows may have been listening to the radio while packing out and it dropped off and never found it. That would have been great for backpacking and general camping just to have music and news and the batteries would last a while and not be heavy. Still a good day as you came out with a little something to show off snow or not!

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to see you get your fix. I have the shakes myself but plan to go trm.

HH, RN

danjsargent

Jan 1, 2016
western MA
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know the feeling! This New England snow has got me down and desperate for a hunt! Glad you could get out. Everyone here in Mass is totally covered by at least a foot of snow!

boojagirl

Nov 21, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know how you feel, the snow is melting here in Minnesota but the ground is still to hard to dig.

I'm hoping to be allowed to look around where they took down a school last fall.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Wildcat1750

Wildcat1750

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2012
Western CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO/Ace 250w8.5x11" DD Coil/
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Garrett Pro-Pointer AT/
Vibra-Tector 730/
Radio Shack Discovery 1000 (Tracker IV)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neat find, who knows may have been listening to the radio while packing out and it dropped off and never found it. That would have been great for backpacking and general camping just to have music and news and the batteries would last a while and not be heavy. Still a good day as you came out with a little something to show off snow or not!
Thanks, dsdigger! They were probably not happy to lose it.

Glad to see you get your fix. I have the shakes myself but plan to go trm.

HH, RN
Thanks, relic nut! It should start warming up today I think!

Thanks, trapperart!

I know the feeling! This New England snow has got me down and desperate for a hunt! Glad you could get out. Everyone here in Mass is totally covered by at least a foot of snow!
Thanks, danjsargent! You got more than we did.

Well, where there is a will, there is a dig.
Congrats on getting out.
Good one, against the wind! :thumbsup:

I know how you feel, the snow is melting here in Minnesota but the ground is still to hard to dig.

I'm hoping to be allowed to look around where they took down a school last fall.
Thanks, boojagirl! Good luck with that school site when you get to it.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Interesting find, congratulations! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread