Nothing fancy, but it's my best find yet!

diabolicalbeans

Oct 30, 2020
W. Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Attachments

• IMG_20201004_203141.jpg
    IMG_20201004_203141.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 117
Upvote 21
Nice find. I was excited when I found my first (and also my last) one. You're in a great part of the country. Look for very old places.

Nice find!
Is there an old campground nearby?

Congrat's to you on the find of the Boy Scout neckerchief slide. Great Save.

And when you are in an area that is good, SLOW DOWN. You are going to be amazed at how little a silver dime sounds at 6 inches. If it's really good, grid it the opposite way to find more targets.

HH ALL

That's a nice find. Anything that has the touch of history/mystery is an exciting find. Congratulations!

that's a good find, and did you know there is a lot of other scout related stuff to find, I have a bunch of stuff I have collected over the years, this is a fun hobby, there are cub scout ones too and girl scout stuff, and scout tokens, look for it all and have fun

That is a cool find! All the ones I have found are newer ones.

Nice find. I found one in California. Kind of exciting find.

Good find, but I agree with Don, this was a common slide any scout could buy and wear. Now if a scout dropped this, he may have also dropped a knife, or coins or........ lol and most camps had a lake for swimming and canoeing etc. so if there is a lake or pond nearby where you found this you may be onto something. Good Luck
Dave

Last edited:
Neat find. Scouting memorabilia is always fun to find. Brings back memories from when I was a Scout in the late 60's and thru the 70's.

Congrats! There has to be a silver dime near by!!:hello2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back