Nothing Great, But I did Pull a Couple Keepers

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went out today determined to get another permission. :thumbsup: The First house I knocked at was a YES. :hello2: The house built in 1959. I was hoping for a silver Rosie or something. The only notable dig was a 43 cent pocket spill. (top half of the pic) if you're keeping score. The lady who lived there was getting ready to mow the front yard, so I stopped detecting and plan on going back in the future.

I noticed an older gentleman across the street weeding a flower bed. So I moseyed on over and struck up a conversation. After a few minutes I was given permission to hunt his yard. :thumbsup:
The house was built in the 1920s. My 1st keeper was a 1919 Canadian cent, dug in the front yard. Along the side of the house I dug the pocket watch frame. I did not finish the yard's 1st grid today. Again if you are keeping score it's the lower half of the pic minus the quarter at the bottom.

It just rained for about 15 minutes so the yard will be better for digging good plugs in the morning.

I know the day's finds are nothing great, but better than my last 2 days digging (last weekend).

Today's Notables

20160528_163054.jpg

All Today's Digs (less trash)

20160528_163006.jpg

Last weekend, I just din't feel it when it comes to knocking on doors so I went to some public parks and schools both Saturday & Sunday. Hey the clad adds up.

Last weekends digs

Last Saturday

20160520_173232.jpg

Last Sunday

20160521_162306.jpg

As always, I hope ya'll got out and swung the coil :metaldetector: today.

GL & HH

Last edited:
Upvote 30

tomhighland

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2015
In MI woods
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You are so right. I love to find the goodies, but just being out there is the big thing. I got a permission for tomorrow that is probably going to be a heartbreaker. Country school from about 1940 to late 60s. Rock hard ground. Plus I have to assume it was hit during the years it sat vacant. Current owner is turning it into a home. Thank you for sharing.

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Even your clad accumulations are impressive........you sure have a nose for the goodies!!!

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
DANG NICE BUNCH FINDS THERE , WATCH CASE PRICELESS ...

OP
OP
Loco-Digger

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You are so right. I love to find the goodies, but just being out there is the big thing. I got a permission for tomorrow that is probably going to be a heartbreaker. Country school from about 1940 to late 60s. Rock hard ground. Plus I have to assume it was hit during the years it sat vacant. Current owner is turning it into a home. Thank you for sharing.

Thanks Tom, good luck at the old school. Grid it all, especially the hard to reach places.

Even your clad accumulations are impressive........you sure have a nose for the goodies!!!

Thanks Chizzy, as my signature states "Rescuing Coins one Beep at a time". :metaldetector: I rather dig the old stuff, but sometimes you just need to have a good clad haul. My 1st season I dug over $500 in 7 months hunting almost every park and school in a 3 county area. Last season I only dug about $360, from mostly permissions. This year my goal is to dig another $360 in face value. I must say that this hobby pays for itself to include upgrades.

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digs it with the! I really like that 1919 comedian sent a friend of mine from one of those Canadian cents at a club hunt and they are really cool looking. I hope to find one someday. Congrats and happy hunting

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Chizzy, as my signature states "Rescuing Coins one Beep at a time". :metaldetector: I rather dig the old stuff, but sometimes you just need to have a good clad haul. My 1st season I dug over $500 in 7 months hunting almost every park and school in a 3 county area. Last season I only dug about $360, from mostly permissions. This year my goal is to dig another $360 in face value. I must say that this hobby pays for itself to include upgrades.

I've actually used that line a few times when talking about metal detecting to friends (hope there's no copyrite infringement). And, my pattern of searching is very similar to yours for my first 6 months. My totals aren't near as impressive, however. To date for this month, I'm at $48.00+ and almost $200.00 for the first 4 months of 2016. I'm still scouting for new "go to" locations and slowly acquiring new (all older farms and city dwellings) permissions.
I did want to thank you for your kind words and encouragements even when my finds are easily less than spectacular........it means a lot to me to hear from you veteran md'ers.

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love that cap gun! Probably from the 1930's. I dug an almost identical one at a bottle dump last July:

stevens cap gun.JPG

OP
OP
Loco-Digger

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice digs it with the! I really like that 1919 comedian sent a friend of mine from one of those Canadian cents at a club hunt and they are really cool looking. I hope to find one someday. Congrats and happy hunting

Thanks DD. It's my third one I've dug in town over the past 2 years. Today, at first look, I though I dug an American LC. All I saw was the wreath on the back, oh well I'll take a 97 year old coin any day. Fingers crossed that I pull a silver or 2 tomorrow.

Sweet hunts,, you sure got a lot of cars.

Thanks ATW. My 1st 30 cars I gave to a neighbor boy, I now have enough to fill 5 gal bucket about 60% full. They are everywhere, I dig them up in parks, schools, you name it, I dig them since they ring in sometimes like a half dollar or a silver dollar. Gotta dig them good signals. I do enjoy digging the tootsie toys, midges and other older toys though, better them than a hot wheels or matchbox.

OP
OP
Loco-Digger

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've actually used that line a few times when talking about metal detecting to friends (hope there's no copyrite infringement). And, my pattern of searching is very similar to yours for my first 6 months. My totals aren't near as impressive, however. To date for this month, I'm at $48.00+ and almost $200.00 for the first 4 months of 2016. I'm still scouting for new "go to" locations and slowly acquiring new (all older farms and city dwellings) permissions.
I did want to thank you for your kind words and encouragements even when my finds are easily less than spectacular........it means a lot to me to hear from you veteran md'ers.

No copy write infringement, I promise. You have double my face value totals, I am just North of $100. Life... I mean the wife's Honey do list is killing me this season. Hope to get all the big projects done early so I can concentrate more on my passion. Also I am not much more of a veteran MDer, I only started to swing the coil in Late Apr or May of 2014. Thanks for the nice comments.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
tell me , when you ask to detect a yard do you offer them any of the finds? or does anyone ask for something?

OP
OP
Loco-Digger

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
tell me , when you ask to detect a yard do you offer them any of the finds? or does anyone ask for something?

Jeff, 99.9% they just want to see what I've dug. Only once did an owner say "If you find 2 old coins of the same style, I'd like the less valuable one". Some just want some of the relics. I did have 2 owners stipulate that we split 50/50. One of those guys was looking in every plug, getting in my may so after about 20 minutes I gave him the little clad I dug and left. The other guy saw that I only dug about $3 in 2.5 hours and decided to let me keep it all.

OP
OP
Loco-Digger

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
LD,

That LC is in great shape.

Regards + HH

Bill

Thanks Bill, It helped make my day. The joy a 97 year old coin can bring.

Congrats on all that nice stuff

Thank trapperart, It was better than last weekends clad hunts.

Love that cap gun! Probably from the 1930's. I dug an almost identical one at a bottle dump last July:

View attachment 1318667

Thanks FBT for the dating the pistol. I have so many pieces and parts of toy guns. They were very popular when I grew up.

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a good day and lots of targets. Just getting a couple new permissions would have made my day. I went door knocking yesterday and the first three that I got an answer owned metal detectors themselves?
Good luck tomorrow..

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good job on the permissions. You made a lot of good finds, my fav being the Canadian large cent. For me those are a rare find!

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread