Nothing like a hunk of silver for Christmas!

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My wife understood.
I had to get out...Christmas morning, there I go....family won't show up till after noon, so those 4 hours were mine!!!
I got a permission a few weeks ago, but was unable to hit it due bad timing....
Drove by today, guy is walking his dog.....I pull over to re-acquaint myself with him, and provide a holiday greeting.....he says to me, "if you want to hunt today"......WHAT? SWEET!!!

It was a small old yard, pretty clean too....first target was the Old Dude, 1943-S:headbang:
Odd to find a wheat on the surface by the driveway...happens to be the best lookin wheat ever too...1946, obviously a recent drop....the 1945 Winged Liberty dime was deep in a hole, choppy confusing signal, I realized why with the 1940 wheat next to it in the hole...I found about a buck in clad too, and that was good.
IMG_0792.JPG IMG_0793.JPG
So...along the way, I found the junk earring....thought it coulda been the G word, but nope.
Also the parrot brooch has lost its enamel...thinking 1960's or so, maybe older, don't know.

The belle-of-the-ball is the honker silver ring!!!....11.45 grams of sterling, and it's my first monogrammed piece too, guy didn't know who " J R " could have been... he was very happy for me also!:occasion14:
IMG_0794.JPG IMG_0795.JPG

Merry Christmas to me, as I really needed this hunt....
And my best to all of you....thanks for looking!:hello:

Last edited:
Upvote 29

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread