Florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Minelab Sovereign (original),
Fisher 1280-X, Garrett Master Hunter BFO,
Aquapulse.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nothing special but didn't get skunked

Had a chance for a quick hour-or-so hunt this afternoon so I jumped on it. Getting ready to buy a new land detector soon as my old reliable (now vintage) Minelab has been acting up so I hauled-out my Fisher 1280 Aquanaut which I normally only use on beach trips.
Went to a very close (2 blocks away) park/church area that I've hunted many times in years past. I belt-mount the 1280 control box
to reduce arm fatigue. She performed well.....as I said, nothing special but picked up 17 coins. Two quarters & four dimes....one of the dimes and one of the quarters were both 1965.....dang it.....1 more lousy year older and they would have been silver!:BangHead: The other quarter was a '66! As Frankie Valle would have said "So close and yet so far". One of the pennies was a '59.....1 year short of being a wheat. Had fun though and not really too bad for a quick hour out.

Upvote 1
I've used my water machine for land hunting and it did just fine too. 17 coins is a good haul anytime.

You did better then me today. I hunted for 3 hours and found about $.50 cents in clad coins on a home site from 1921

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back