Nothing Special---Just the facts, Maam from two days a swinging!

Ron B

May 11, 2007
Trinidad, Colorado
Here's a posting for BootyBay!
Mrs. Rae wanted to see an old gold ring I found yesterday while revisiting previous hunting grounds.
The newer coins were found at a tot lot. I found the ring down only 4 or 5 inches in an area I, along with other detectorists have
hunted and hunted. The new PRO coil from Minelab is so much more sensitive than the Slimline, I'm finding it fairly good hunting going back over previously hunted areas. There are no markings I can find inside the band, leading me to believe, due to a resizing the markings were either stretched out or lost. It did have two purple stones, one fell out while cleaning. I have it although one diamond was lost. The ring was badly bent, but suspecting 18 kt gold it bent back rather easily.

I also managed to find a 1903 Barber dime and it's cousin; a 1903 Barber nickel. The nickel was twenty feet away. The CZ key, broken in two parts has to be the largest CZ I've seen. It's surrounded by another twenty or so smaller czs. Someone stepped on it;
breaking the pendant. The stone is much prettier than shown. The little cash pendant had a badly corroded chain as well. Both items were down a couple of inches.

Careful, excuse the rust!
I thought it would be nice to show the trash accumulation from two hunts totallying 8 hours or so.
Notice how small some of the nails are. I really like my Pro coil!

Thank you for your interest.
GRB

Attachments

• Assort-950.JPG
    Assort-950.JPG
    97.9 KB · Views: 532
  • Coins-950.JPG
    Coins-950.JPG
    88.8 KB · Views: 518
  • Ring-950.JPG
    Ring-950.JPG
    18.9 KB · Views: 531
  • Trash-950.JPG
    Trash-950.JPG
    127.3 KB · Views: 525
Upvote 0

curbdiggercarl57

Silver Member
Nov 19, 2007
Largo, Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Silver Eagle, DFX, Shadow X-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds, don't know how you are getting out there to hunt, Man is it hot here in Denver! That and my car's clutch dying in Golden, has caused me to just sit by the AC and send out replies to posts. Congrates again,
CurbdiggerCarl

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ron, I love it... amethysts and maybe diamonds..did ya test em? I like it... what is it this week, butterfly week, seems alot of folks are finding butterfly stuff.. I got the butterfly ring, and lost of folks sparky and other found butterfly pendants.. but yours was the only colored in one... is that sterling too?

Omg I cracked up on the bucket full of rusty crusties... lol.. I toss mine if a cans around where I am hunting otherwise, out da door it goes...

ya done dang good GRB...thanks for posting it for me... I love seeing em.. you know me.. gotta see see see..lol

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Nice job, Ron, on your finds. Love your barbers and ring!! You're not kidding....you do dig every signal in the ground. I think it would take me a month to accumulate that many nails. ;D

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

OP
OP
Ron B

Ron B

May 11, 2007
Trinidad, Colorado
Good morning Guys & Gals!
Thanks for the read and comments!

It has been hot in Trinidad but Thank God we have the wind!

No, haven't tested the diamonds or stones. But by the obvious age of this ring, I'd bet they're real.

Yes, I do tend to dig a lot; liking to take chances on deep, broken signals. More times than not it's
nails and wire. But, who cares? I don't have many public places to hunt locally so for every target I
remove, it's one less to dig next time. And also, once committed to dig, I generally make it a habit to
retrieve the target; good, or bad. :)

It's funny about how we all go through target spells. What I mean is how some weeks I'll find more tokens, or more nickels.
The last couple of weeks I've been hot on Barbers. Yesterday, I found another 1903 Barber nickel and 1907s Barber dime!
I just wish I'd find some more Barber quarters and halves but, I ain't complaining! Lol! Maybe today I will as I'm off here in a little while.

Thanks again, and keep swinging!
GRB

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread