Nothing to write home about,But ill take it!

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Tesoro Sand Shark,Nautilus DMC 1, Garrett Grand Master Hunter,Garrett Master Hunter 5 , Whites Coinmaster 5000/D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing to write home about,But i'll take it!

Went out today to one of my old colonial sites that I haven't hunted in probably 15 yrs. Took me awhile to find it as a lot of the trees have been blown down due to the last nasty hurricane we had a couple of years ago. I'm still using my old nautilus that I have to smack the side of to get a stable tone! (I'm still saving up for a new machine) Anyways, I came up on a huge oak tree that was blown over and ran the loop over the roots and this is what I found, not much, but it's something!Oh yeah, that pic is of me, I guess were not going out to eat tonite :laughing7: me 022.JPGme 017.JPGme 019.JPG

Upvote 4
Better than being skunked, and it is a pretty cool decorative piece. Way better than a couple of clad coins. Is it pewter ?

I've said this before "not everyday is rainbows, and lollypops"

Better than being skunked, and it is a pretty cool decorative piece. Way better than a couple of clad coins. Is it pewter ?

I've said this before "not everyday is rainbows, and lollypops"
Yeah, I know that's right! The piece appears to be brass or bronze.

Yeah, I know that's right! The piece appears to be brass or bronze.

Brass...even better...will look great in anybodys display.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't a nautilus one tone ? if so you are going to enjoy a machine that has tones.

Brass...even better...will look great in anybodys display.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't a nautilus one tone ? if so you are going to enjoy a machine that has tones.
I think the first machines Jerry Tyndall made only had 1 tone, This machine has multiple tones. Iron gives a "dirty" low tone and copper gives a super clean high tone. Any other metal will give you a different mix of both tones. The DMC 1 doesn't auto ground balance like the DMC 2, 2b or 2ba so you don't have to keep swinging it quickly to hear your target. You can get in a high iron trash area and kinda "slip" it around the trash to pick up any signals. My machine is really old, I think I got it in '89 or '90. I'm still amazed that lasted as long as it has! Anyways they don't make this model anymore, and I've been told that the newer models have to be sent back quite often to have the coil rebalanced. Anyways, I'm saving up for a new machine. Been looking hard at the teknetics t2 se. Sorry for the long reply Rick, But It's been a really good machine up until now! I guess It's time to step out of the dark ages!

Nice relic! Sure beats half a corroded zinc any day!

I think the first machines Jerry Tyndall made only had 1 tone, This machine has multiple tones. Iron gives a "dirty" low tone and copper gives a super clean high tone. Any other metal will give you a different mix of both tones. The DMC 1 doesn't auto ground balance like the DMC 2, 2b or 2ba so you don't have to keep swinging it quickly to hear your target. You can get in a high iron trash area and kinda "slip" it around the trash to pick up any signals. My machine is really old, I think I got it in '89 or '90. I'm still amazed that lasted as long as it has! Anyways they don't make this model anymore, and I've been told that the newer models have to be sent back quite often to have the coil rebalanced. Anyways, I'm saving up for a new machine. Been looking hard at the teknetics t2 se. Sorry for the long reply Rick, But It's been a really good machine up until now! I guess It's time to step out of the dark ages!

You won't go wrong with a T2!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back