Nothing too exciting but first time out

Saltwater60

Jun 29, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just bought my son an ace 300. He’s 13 and really wants coins. He’s getting into coins. He’s a good kid and it was hot so he worked hard for this.

As stated nothing too exciting. It’s off an old paint brush but he found it all on his own so that’s exciting. Also found a 2001 penny. Found his first coin. He seemed to enjoy it and knows there’s a few other things out in my backyard but are deeper. I’ll help him out tomorrow. I was working to you know find his hobby. 500ED2CB-3512-464B-BF48-DEA850524D13.jpeg

Upvote 11
This hobby is a very nice way for you and your son to spend time together. Since he is young and new at the hobby, I would suggest taking him to beaches, volleyball pits, playgrounds, or any other place with sand or pea gravel. He will have a blast finding common date coins, and maybe some jewelry, and the digging is very easy. This will help to keep his interest, and keep him in the hobby as he gets older.

Yeap. Cru'dad & I have had some cracking experiences digging tons of Treasure.

Yep. My son is 50 and we still enjoy detecting together. Good luck.

You both will remember the time you spent MD'ing forever!

This hobby is a very nice way for you and your son to spend time together. Since he is young and new at the hobby, I would suggest taking him to beaches, volleyball pits, playgrounds, or any other place with sand or pea gravel. He will have a blast finding common date coins, and maybe some jewelry, and the digging is very easy. This will help to keep his interest, and keep him in the hobby as he gets older.

This is a great suggestion. We are actually going to the thousand islands in a few days and will be detecting some small cove beaches. The volleyball pit is a great suggestion and I have one at a little known park that we can go to. We also have some baseball diamonds that due to Covid are currently not being used. He’s heading to my FIL today to dig and he lives behind some old house railroad tracks so that could be interesting. We will head out tonight and check some other places either the volleyball court or the ball diamonds maybe both!! Thanks.

Tape that first coin to your new machine and it will bring you a Silver coin within a month! Best of Luck!:icon_thumright:

Nice find! Hunting with your son is priceless. Keep at it, he will find some cool items soon! If you have some local school playgrounds, those are great places to find coins and jewelry. :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back