Nov 1st 2009 Finds

Brett

Bronze Member
May 8, 2008
Montgomery, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC w/Sunray X-1
Met up with my Dad at the honey hole today around nooner. He was the first to bag wheaties and silver. I can't believe how many pocket spills we've found at this site. I was eying a different section, and as my Dad walked back to his car for a drink I followed him across the field to the spot. Bam, right away I got a sweet dime tone... dropped my water bottle on it and kept swinging. Couple feet over and another nice high tone, so I dropped my digger in it. By this time my Dad was on his way back and I pointed over to the two items to scan. As he was walking over I got another nice high dime tone bouncing into the quarter region. So I dropped my coin bottle on that one. I wanted my Dad to scan the last two so I could get digging... in order that I described, they were the Merc, a wheatie, and a Rosie. About 5 feet from the last one I got a great quarter signal that was just about perfect and 7" deep. My Dad came back over to watch me dig that one up. I popped a nice 6" diameter plug up that was a good 6" deep. The target was still in the hole, and sounding sweeter than ever. I pinpointed and we both watched as I popped up the last bit of dirt with the Lesche, flashing a silver George as the dirt crumbled and released him. That was a pretty cool thing both seeing that at the same time and getting that "whoa" feeling.

After I got those coins rapid fire, I bailed from the spot and left it all for my Dad. For the next couple hours I went everywhere else, and got a wheatie or two. I think my Dad only got one more wheatie from that spot, and after he relinquished it, I gridded and gridded only to find a pull tab. It's amazing how clean the whole area is, but somehow I just randomly stumbled upon those 4 signals one after another. I wasn't even walking a straight line or anything. Just super dumb luck.

11012009.jpg

I thought I would polish up these coins... since they had more of a powdery finish than usual. The picture doesn't really do them justice... even though I know it's not a natural I like to see them sweet looking every once and a while.

litefire56

Bronze Member
May 14, 2008
Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX -10x12 SEF, 300mm, 10"DD, 6x10DD, Sunray DX-1
That was a great hunt today! Funny how it turned out though.. I had 3 times as many wheats as you, and you had 3 times as many silver as me. Me thinks it was a draw, no? :laughing7:

WTG on those silvers! :thumbsup:

outlaw007

Bronze Member
May 6, 2009
ILLINIOS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
TESORO LOBO SUPERTRAQ , TESORO GOLDEN UMAX AND MINELAB EXCALIBUR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CONGRATS ON YOUR SILVER FINDS TODAY!

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Nice digs Brett! And they do look sweet!

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought this was the Fall Hunt site..... ;D ;D ;D ;D
Sweet digs

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
Detector(s) used
E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star
Brett said:
It's amazing how clean the whole area is, but somehow I just randomly stumbled upon those 4 signals one after another. I wasn't even walking a straight line or anything. Just super dumb luck.
As Bob would say, sometimes it just the luck of the draw.

Great hunt!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Georges are really fun to find!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread