Nov 2 hunt with Vibes

kibitzr

Dec 18, 2007
Niles,Mich
Detector(s) used
Expl SE, Excalibur ll, E-Trac, Whites V3
I met with my hunting partner at a local school sunday trying to get in another dig befor the snow starts, we have a small bet between us on the first Silver or Gold found ($2.00) and was ready to pay up as she is a relentless T hunter beating me the last 2 or 3 times out with highest coin count .

This school has been hunted hard by several detectorists this year and in the past, Gold & Silver has been found here by myself and im sure by others.

I decided to hunt an area I've hunted and found good targets befor while Tori went off into the soccer field, I also had my pro coil mounted on the SE and decided to dig all hi tones even if it was iffy, the place is loaded w/canslaw.

After a few deep clad I had a signal that registered 10/05 ,10/06 then all over the place like it had somthing else close to it , I always dig nickles ,(could be a ring) so I cut a big horseshoe plug as deep as the lesches blade and gave it a flip, probe said it wasnt in the hole but in the plug, at about 5 inches deep in the plug i saw glimmer and carfully pulled out a 14 k Italy medalion . it was standing on end and was making the curser bounce .
I yelled over to Tori and asked if she was ready to pay up with a laugh, I couldnt hear her reply (figured I didnt want to)as she walked over to check it out.

After examining and congrats, we continued hunting at a more serious pace, I managed to pull a couple rings and a Gold plated Trumpet all from deep holes , few dimes , cpl nickles (one a 64) this 11 in pro coil is a deep seeking coil.

After a couple more hours we called it quits, I gotta tell you fellow Tnetters my hunting partner is one tough cookie, evry time I checked to see where she was I saw her on her knees digging a target . Thanks for being a friend and partner.

I hope you enjoy the pics & thanks for looking.John

Attachments

• DSCN0687.JPG
    DSCN0687.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 315
  • DSCN0686.JPG
    DSCN0686.JPG
    25.4 KB · Views: 316
  • DSCN0688.JPG
    DSCN0688.JPG
    30.5 KB · Views: 313
Upvote 0

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
Yo Kib:)

I gotta tell ya, I was SO envious of your fab finds...that fueled me to dig EVERY target...I was exhausted by the time we decided to call it a day!

Honestly, I was so happy for you...I love the gold medallion! I laughed as I drove home because you found an alien ring, a pirate ring, jesus (I'll not touch that one, too easy) and a trumpet...double dang.

WTG!

And thank YOU for being a fun treasure hunting bud and friend ;D I appreciate you!

PS I swear, next hunt, I'm definitely wearing the tiara!

OP
OP
kibitzr

kibitzr

Dec 18, 2007
Niles,Mich
Detector(s) used
Expl SE, Excalibur ll, E-Trac, Whites V3
It was a fun hunt for sure Tori, cant wait till the next time.

Ohh by the way that Trumpet turned out to be a whistle. John

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread