NOW CASTING: Treasure Hunters!

SwinneyCasting

Greenie
Sep 13, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone! Luke here, new addition to the forum. :hello: Such a cool community!

I wanted to share with you a casting notice, as I work for a television production company in Los Angeles and we're currently searching for awesome groups of treasure hunters! If you or anyone you know might be good for the show, please send us an email at [email protected] and we'll get in contact! Any questions, just let me know.

NOW CASTING: TREASURE HUNTERS FOR EXCITING NEW TV PROJECT ON A MAJOR CABLE NETWORK

Are you a treasure hunter and adventurer? Does uncovering the mysteries of the past excite you? Are you the modern day Indiana Jones? Whether you’re an international salvage expert bent on making millions, an art expert who longs to uncover lost cultural artifacts, or a beachcomber with a knack for hitting it big, we want to hear from you!

An award winning television production company is searching for groups of dynamic treasure hunters to star in a new series for a major cable network!

Maybe you’re well known for making major discoveries and are looking for your next great adventure. Perhaps you’re hungry to make a name for yourself with your first big find or maybe you’re obsessed with a specific lost treasure. Whatever your incredible story is, we want to hear from you!

To be considered, or to nominate someone, please email us at [email protected] with the following information [**if you are nominating someone else, please be sure to include their contact info, as well**]:

Full name (If more than one team member, please list them all):
Your city and state of residence:
Brief bio:
A recent picture of you/your teammates:
Phone number(s) to reach you:
Do you have a valid passport? Y/N
Your social media details (Facebook username, Instagram handle etc.):

Thank you for your time, we look forward to hearing from you!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OH BOY! Daddy's gonna get some new Dentures! :headbang:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reminder to any who reply....remember our rules!

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Ain't being a charter member, or supporting member a rule to advertise for major money making businesses?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ain't being a charter member, or supporting member a rule to advertise for major money making businesses?
Not selling, no different than salvage crew looking for divers..

_________________________Tapatalk Signature_________________________

DT2016

kingskid1611

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2015
Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
reminds me of a song. Their gonna put me in the movies, and all I got a do is act naturally........

100acre

Aug 10, 2016
Asheville NC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Super Traq,
Garrett AT PRO w/ 5x8" coil
Garrett Carrot,
GG Amphibian HP,
40"ground shark
Keene A52 Sluice box
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do We get 'free stuff' and can I avoid having to go to California?
What's in it for us, or is it just a 15 minutes of fame kind of thing?

Last edited:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The groups I hunt with are real personalities, the only problem is that almost every sentence would contain Bleeps. I am speaking of the NC Silver Slayers and the B.O.B.s, they know who they are. Would love to see both groups hunting weekly. Never a dull moment with all those characters.

OP
OP
S

SwinneyCasting

Greenie
Sep 13, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The groups I hunt with are real personalities, the only problem is that almost every sentence would contain Bleeps. I am speaking of the NC Silver Slayers and the B.O.B.s, they know who they are. Would love to see both groups hunting weekly. Never a dull moment with all those characters.

We love personalities and great characters! Definitely send in a submission :) And don't worry, we have a great bleep button! ha

And for "what you get" from it, well we're looking for people who are truly searching for their next great adventure and are passionate about history, exploration and treasure hunting! Ideally we'd find a duo or group of great characters who are truly serious about the process.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is this "award winning television production company" that you speak of? A gmail address? Fishing?

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am very interested.
Luke, please click on my profile to see what I am all about, and if you feel that I am a worthy candidate, please send me a private message. I am 45 years old.

OP
OP
S

SwinneyCasting

Greenie
Sep 13, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is this "award winning television production company" that you speak of? A gmail address? Fishing?

Definitely not fishing! Our company is called This Is Just A Test (feel free to check us out at TIJAT.com) and we've produced a number of series for Animal Planet, Nat Geo, History Channel, etc. My personal favorite show we've done is called Missing Dial on Nat Geo, a fascinating look into one family's search for his son.

ecmjamsit

Dec 2, 2007
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster GMT, GMII,Whites Sierra Super Trac, Ace250, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Whites Pinpointer,Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Ultimate Treasure...An Alien Starship!

I tried recover a sunken UFO once. The government got there before me. You could do a story on that, but nobody would ever believe it. However DARPA funded a web site Starship

100acre

Aug 10, 2016
Asheville NC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Super Traq,
Garrett AT PRO w/ 5x8" coil
Garrett Carrot,
GG Amphibian HP,
40"ground shark
Keene A52 Sluice box
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We love personalities and great characters! Definitely send in a submission :) And don't worry, we have a great bleep button! ha

And for "what you get" from it, well we're looking for people who are truly searching for their next great adventure and are passionate about history, exploration and treasure hunting! Ideally we'd find a duo or group of great characters who are truly serious about the process.

Most if not all of us here are extraordinarily into researching history and seeking our next greatest find. Still I ask of thee, "what's in it for us?"

OP
OP
S

SwinneyCasting

Greenie
Sep 13, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most if not all of us here are extraordinarily into researching history and seeking our next greatest find. Still I ask of thee, "what's in it for us?"

Well of course if selected for the show you'll be compensated for your time and appearance, but we're not looking for people who want to be famous or anything like that. Right now we're just in the casting phase, so specifics about "what you'll get" would be worked out with producers if selected.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other

I know where Forrest Fenn's treasure is.

You fund it and I'll let you go along with my wife and I and our parrot.

You will have to bleep her a lot though. (the parrot mostly, but occasionally the wife)

IMG_4199.jpg

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi; I have worked with several Major Companies doing Treasure Hunting & Salvage work. I worked with National Geographics, TIME, Cousteau Society, Smithsonian etc., I have 23 years on the seas. I have 49 years "In Field" Treasure Hunting Experience. I may be able to put a crew together for you here in Boston. I am the Senior In Field Treasure Hunter in Mass. I'm 59 this November. I'll talk to you via PM. Then via my email ok. What say ye ?? I await. PEACE:RONB :leprechaun-hat:

PS: This is an Honest Reply. PEACE:RONB

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi; I have worked with several Major Companies doing Treasure Hunting & Salvage work. I worked with National Geographics, TIME, Cousteau Society, Smithsonian etc., I have 23 years on the seas. I have 49 years "In Field" Treasure Hunting Experience. I may be able to put a crew together for you here in Boston. I am the Senior In Field Treasure Hunter in Mass. I'm 59 this November. I'll talk to you via PM. Then via my email ok. What say ye ?? I await. PEACE:RONB :leprechaun-hat:

PS: This is an Honest Reply. PEACE:RONB

Barker only talks pirate, to many years on the seas;)

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am very interested.
Luke, please click on my profile to see what I am all about, and if you feel that I am a worthy candidate, please send me a private message. I am 45 years old.

Can I get your autograph if you become a big TV star?

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi; SCRAPPY; Nope that is how We talk here in Boston if your a Native son. And yeah the seas did get to my vocabulary.!! Boston is the only place in the US that you still hear the Olde King's English spoken routinely. Bostonian's have Our own Vocabulary you won't find anywhere else. It's a strange mix of English and Gaelic languages but I know it well.!! :leprechaun-hat:
SUSANMN I'll give you my Hancock any time. Glad to help the women folks here anytime. PEACE:RONB :leprechaun-hat:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions