Now I am a believer !! There are silver caches out there !! 5 and 3/4 lbs worth!

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800

GioTheGreek

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2009
Hades
Detector(s) used
XP DÉUS, Minelab E-TRAC, Pro-Pointer, Hawk-like Vision, Receding Hairline
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: Now I am a believer !! There are silver caches out there !! 5 and 3/4 lbs wo

Damn Maine!

What an amazing find... I just came across this post. Good for you neighbour...

Maybe one of their cousins in new brunswick left one for me laying around too. :)

Relichunter1

Feb 2, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon,Tesoro Lobo, Minelab GPX 4500.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are out there. I was at one of my prospecting club meetings and a member brought in a white bag . In the bag was 500 Morgan silver dollars. He owned an old house in town and always thought about buying a detector. When his detector came in he took it out and searched along the concrete footing. He said the cache was only buried a few inches below the surface. So it goes to show you...it's out there. :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft:

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are definitely spoiled now! Great find. I wonder why the lack of pennies?? All other denominations. Maybe another cache?? Maybe a silver dollar cache somewhere close??? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm ;D

filemaker01

Jun 2, 2010
By taking a closer look at this cache, I see a lot of newer coins that although silver are not that old. I would be careful considering this may be someone else's cache they buried to come back later and dig up once the price goes up. If so, and you don't own the property, I would contact the owner and be careful because it could be considered stolen property. Seriously, people do still burie their coins and if this is someone else's property who is still living, you could have committed a serious crime, although I'm not an expert, I know enough to say, always check local laws, who owns the property, have paperwork made up by an attorney you first consult before removing anything at all.

EastKyMiner

Apr 16, 2010
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, White's XLT, Garrett GTA 500,Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow good score :thumbsup: Maybe that Clay Pot is another kind of Pot 5 and 3/4 lbs worth :thumbsup:
Miner

general

Sep 9, 2004
Parrish fl
Detector(s) used
White's XLT,Tesoro tiger shark, excal 2, CZ21
Your post and photos are inspiring! In Florida on the west coast its been slim pickings.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions