Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: Now that it's ...

Land hunting in Florida in the summer is brutal. Heck, detecting anywhere in Florida in the summer is brutal! ;D

I took my Compadre to a couple of parks this past Saturday and while it is still warm, its getting better fast. So yes, I land detect too.

However, as long as the weather holds, I will keep going to the beach right after I buy my next beach detector this Friday (still deciding, couple of sources I want to check).

Even in the winter, you can still dry/wet sand search, so I doubt I'll abandon beach hunting completely unless its really cold (by Florida standards, of course) and windy.

OP
OP
S.S.Tupperware

S.S.Tupperware

Jul 18, 2009
Orlando
Detector(s) used
PI Dual/Coinmaster 5500d/DFX/BHID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I still hunt the beach hard even in the winter... I just wear rubber boots that are light and comfortable, and no problem. Plus ya get some sand movement when ya get the ole Nor' Easter... :notworthy:

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL

I do. Living on the First Coast, there are plenty of opportunities to recover relics. The weather is cooling down, but the best is after some cold nights to kill off some of the vegetation and send the critters for cover. I target the Palatka region during the winter, but still find time to scour the beach especially after Nor'Easters when the sand is on the move.

TexasRT

Aug 15, 2008
Dickinson, TX
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

I stopped hunting the dirt when I got into beach/surf hunting. Here on the Texas coast digging in the dirt versus sand is comparable to digging in concrete versus sand.
Maybe I'm just getting old or something lol.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other

texasrt
I stopped hunting the dirt when I got into beach/surf hunting.
Your A True Pirate RT!! Same here, got first Gold in 06..have not looked back since. Had someone offer to take me to a old slave farm with masters quarters n all this weekend, Sorry...........

Attachments

• My Beach Sign.jpg
    My Beach Sign.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 190

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions