Now THATS a crotal bell !!!!!!!!! Video Update for Cynangyl

Ohio Jerry

Feb 20, 2008
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Now THAT'S a crotal bell !!!!!!!!! Video Update for Cynangyl

While swinging with brother Bill (willybgood) and his SE and me with a DFX you just never know what's gonna turn up ;D
We probably spent 8 hours of swingin yesterday spread out between a schoolhouse site,a couple of cellarholes and a local park. Bill got a nice 1899 Barber dime,a couple of mercs and some wheaties. No silver for me but i managed a few wheaties and misc relics but the outstanding find of the day was willybgood's bruiser of a crotal bell!!
It's all intact,measures a full three inches across and after a good flush with the garden hose it still rings!! It's gotta deep tone to it kinda like a cow bell.

crotal in hand.JPG

Here's an overview of my finds plus Bill's crotal bell

crotal overview.JPG

A group shot with my other crotal bells. To the right of it are numbers 7 and 8 bells,it's real faint but this big one appears to have a number 11 on the bottom.

crotal group.JPG

Thanks for havin a look and HH!!! :thumbsup:

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeiCIXLHXuk[/youtube]

Upvote 0
Re: Now THAT'S a crotal bell !!!!!!!!!

Mona Lisa said:
Man, that's a huge bell. That's an awesome find.

I once was going to start a "Show Me Your Bells" thread, but was afraid of what would happen. ::) They're one of my favorite finds.

Hey I'd be there with bells on!! :occasion18:

:o Wow, that's a monster of a crotal bell! Do you know where they would have used one that large? On a harness? Let us know if you get your video up....would love to hear it.

HH

No idea if they made a 20, it was British humour :D I wonder what the max number was, maybe 12.

Re: Now THAT'S a crotal bell !!!!!!!!! Video Update for Cynangyl

I have a friend who persists in calling these "SCROTAL bells" :tard:

That is too cool!! Thank you so much for taking the time to video it and post for us so we could hear the tone differences! That was very sweet of you! I really like the lower tone of the larger bell. Very cool find indeed!

AWESOME!!!!!I wish I could find some of those kind of bells.....Awesome find and HH to all! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

-Shiloh ::)

Nick Pappagiorgio said:
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:...
... :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

More CROTAL BELL...WE NEED MORE CROTAL BELL!! Good one Pappagiorgio :thumbsup:

Very nice job on the Crotal bell!!!!!! :) It has a nice sound! :) I watched the video! :)

Hey Jerry, I know that Merc man head from somewhere, I can remember seeing it as a kid. Sunoco gas station comes to mind but I don't think that's it, tires maybe? I saw you ringing your bells, nice video! HH, Mike

yup that's a big un!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back