NOW they tell us how to reduce covid deaths 90%? Really?

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I use the masks that have vents on the side, you exhale and rubber flaps open to expel your breath, when you inhale they close and you breath through a filtered "cloth" which are cheap and can be changed as necessary. In fact I have been using them for years on jobs with light dusty conditions, far better than the cheap blue made in china tissues with rubberbands that most people wear.

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I only wear mask to satisfy work or run in a store and I fake it mostly. Canā€™t breathe in them and not stopping breathing by choice or order. Made it so far without getting covid and circumspect if I do - Iā€™m not unhealthy but smoke 45 years. Should be able to get vaccine in few weeks. By the way pretty sure my underwear are cleaner than the mask I use every day.

I'm doing the same thing......wearing a mask so that I'll be allowed to do my job and when I go into a business establishment. But while I'm wearing it, if there's no one within 6 feet of me I pull it down. In grocery stores I intentionally walk "in the wrong direction", going against the arrows. I wear a mask that says "This mask is useless". Everyone who has commented on what my mask says agree with me..........except one. I'm nearly 75 and very healthy. I don't need some governor or mayor telling me how to take care of myself.

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wear the real 3M N95 masks. You have to understand I doubt I've worn one more than 10 minutes at a time. My store visits are basically hit and run kinds. It doesn't bother me.

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't even know why their worried about it at all as they could have stopped it from coming here in the first place, they could have cut off all travel to the US but they won't do that. If we ever see anything like the plagues of the past were in big trouble with the speed we can travel now, money means more than our lives. You have to stop people from coming here if you don't want the illness from where it comes from that's the only way to stop it.

Rmeav8r

Nov 4, 2004
NW Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Makro Simplex+, Nokta Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didnā€™t start this discussion and I donā€™t know anyone who enjoys wearing a mask, but ......a ā€œscrew thatā€ attitude is nothing short of selfish and uncaring in regard the people around you that are at risk. If you donā€™t believe that Covid-19 is a serious illness thatā€™s your right. If you think itā€™s too much government control pick a different target. Daring someone to say something to you is ridiculous, Iā€™m sure you impressed the ā€œlittle old ladyā€ who had courage enough to say something to you. That was someoneā€™s grandmother or mother.
In case anyone is wondering, this is not a political statement. I defended this country as an active duty soldier for over 26 years, I bled for this country, Iā€™ve got scars to remind me and Iā€™ve got one remaining good lung. I donā€™t park in the handicap spot or ride a scooter around the store...you donā€™t know me or others who are at great risk from this illness. I wear a mask not for myself but for those around me...even you without a mask.

I've only worn a mask once or twice. Screw that. If people are worried about it they can wear two masks or tie a plastic bag over their heads and tie it tight for all I care.
Dont worry about exercise or diet, just tie an old sock over your face. Have fun with that.
Hardly anyone has said a word to my face and I dont worry about it, just a little old lady once.

Last edited:

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
šŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Truth, do you want to chime in on this thread ? I mean our T-net member Truth. Where are you when we need you ? Please Truth, we need you now !!

Jon Stewart

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2011
If masks don't do anything, don't work, then the next time you have a surgery be sure and tell the Drs. and nurses they don't have to wear a mask while they are operating on you, after all they do nothing right?

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If masks don't do anything, don't work, then the next time you have a surgery be sure and tell the Drs. and nurses they don't have to wear a mask while they are operating on you, after all they do nothing right?

That's a totally different situation. Masks are designed to stop bodily fluids from accidentally spilling into an open wound when undergoing surgery. They weren't designed to stop a virus.

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didnā€™t start this discussion and I donā€™t know anyone who enjoys wearing a mask, but ......a ā€œscrew thatā€ attitude is nothing short of selfish and uncaring in regard the people around you that are at risk. If you donā€™t believe that Covid-19 is a serious illness thatā€™s your right. If you think itā€™s too much government control pick a different target. Daring someone to say something to you is ridiculous, Iā€™m sure you impressed the ā€œlittle old ladyā€ who had courage enough to say something to you. That was someoneā€™s grandmother or mother.
In case anyone is wondering, this is not a political statement. I defended this country as an active duty soldier for over 26 years, I bled for this country, Iā€™ve got scars to remind me and Iā€™ve got one remaining good lung. I donā€™t park in the handicap spot or ride a scooter around the store...you donā€™t know me or others who are at great risk from this illness. I wear a mask not for myself but for those around me...even you without a mask.

First off, thank you for your service DFXScout.

You are right on in that going out of your way to dare others into confrontation is a ridiculous thing to do. I have heard it said that, "The most important thing a soldier carries into battle is a reason why", and I agree with that statement. I don't question your reasons and I mean no disrespect. But a free society does not quarantine healthy people so that sick people can walk the streets. Making the assumption that everyone else is some kind of health hazard is always true to some extent but it is not healthy to let risk avoidance control a person's life much less to control a society. I believe that it is the compromised who should take precautions. If I were a diabetic, I would not harass other people about their sugar consumption. Again I mean no disrespect. I hope you stay healthy, and trust me I am not going out of my way to harm anyone. :usflag:

Thank you again for your service and sacrifice.

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As far as masks and all of the other precautions working to stop covid go, I don't think it's working simply because states big on these issues do no better than states that aren't. I too wondered about the effectiveness of it all being in a democrat state that locked down and it never stopped me from getting a stomach flu that I've no idea how I contracted it. I was observing all precautions set by the CDC and the state. Even the governor got covid and I'm sure the guy stayed well away from others as they were mad they're losing their livelihoods.

South Dakota never locked down and there is no mask mandate. Florida opened back up some time ago and these states are no worse off than other states and better off than many especially California and New York which had probably the strictest lockdown orders. Each time these moronic governors issue some kind of executive order that is beyond stupid, they find out that it doesn't help so instead of just backing off and letting things go they put a new even more stupid executive order in place.

Johnnybravo300

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2016
South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
Detector(s) used
F2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Yeah you can wear two like I said. If it makes you feel better. Wear three around children and 4 around the elderly I dont care.
Others safety is not my concern and I'm not wearing it.
I'm a veteran too, big deal. I still dont believe any of it and no one can convince me.
It doesnt "keep anyone safe". The masks are useless and it's old knowledge.
Dont preach to me, just sit at home scared. Your choice.

Last edited:

Jon Stewart

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2011
cladsilver: that's the reason they want you to wear the mask. In case the wearer has covid and doesn't know it. It helps the spread to others.

Rmeav8r

Nov 4, 2004
NW Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Makro Simplex+, Nokta Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ā€œI donā€™t careā€ ....Iā€™m glad you cleared that up for the rest of us that ā€œDo care.ā€ I donā€™t sit at home scared, donā€™t assume you know anything about those around you.
Iā€™m done, itā€™s a waste of time talking to anyone with a closed mind.

Yeah you can wear two like I said. If it makes you feel better. Wear three around children and 4 around the elderly I dont care.
Others safety is not my concern and I'm not wearing it.
I'm a veteran too, big deal. I still dont believe any of it and no one can convince me.
It doesnt "keep anyone safe". The masks are useless and it's old knowledge.
Dont preach to me, just sit at home scared. Your choice.

Last edited:

twrfish

Greenie
Mar 28, 2017
south east pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
simplex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
people walking around with masks on for 10 months sucking up their own snot and the covid according to the science has not gotten any better. so does that mean without any mask wearing that we would have all died by now??

Out Of Time

Apr 10, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Masks, combined with social distancing and increased hand-washing, helps to slow the spread of Covid19. It's not a perfect defence against a really infectious disease but it is effective enough to help slow the rate of infection -with enough cooperation from the public.

Slowing spread is the only defence we have until enough people have been vaccinated.

This is a proven truth which is why CDC (et al) advocate so strongly for it.

Partisan politics has caused large populations of Americans not to trust (or follow) this guidance.

Result is far more suffering than necessary. 400,000 deaths, millions who've fought illness, millions more devastated by economic fallout.

It's a rotten shame.

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like I said they missed their opportunity to stop it from coming here that was the only chance, if it's ever something really bad I'm sure they will do the same and it will be world changing with only a hand full of people compared to what we have now with the only defense is to isolate from everyone till it's all played out. If anybody has ever dealt with the infectious disease people like I have one would know the great incompetency they have in the first place, like having the disease gives you less resistance than the vaccine which is not possible. If having it already doesn't do you any good either will the vaccine, pretty simple but already heard of people getting twice when it's been here so little time and a big problem is the test are not reliable to start with like with many test out there for various diseases.

Last edited:

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Like I said they missed their opportunity to stop it from coming here that was the only chance, if it's ever something really bad I'm sure they will do the same and it will be world changing with only a hand full of people compared to what we have now with the only defense is to isolate from everyone till it's all played out. If anybody has ever dealt with the infectious disease people like I have one would know the great incompetency they have in the first place, like having the disease gives you less resistance than the vaccine which is not possible. If having it already doesn't do you any good either will the vaccine, pretty simple but already heard of people getting twice when it's been here so little time and a big problem is the test are not reliable to start with like with many test out there for various diseases.

Sounds a bit optimistic, granted not a bad thing.
I think they can seed various nation wrecking viruses any time they want, I think they have been seeding it right along to keep the nation in the grip of panic and divisiveness for political purposes, and I don't see anything to stop them from doing it again at will when and if it suits their agenda.

Phil

Dec 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Partisan politics has caused large populations of Americans not to trust (or follow) this guidance.

It took the CDC over two months to figure out the virus was airborne. Those of us with basic common sense said it was airborne because of how quickly it spread.

Because the CDC couldn't figure out something as simple as determining if the virus was airborne or not, Dr. Fauci told everyone NOT to wear a mask, which allowed it to spread to MILLIONS of people.

Partisan politics has nothing to do with it....................Many of us do not trust the CDC because they have proven time and time again they are INEPT.

Swaveab

Jul 21, 2015
Southwest PA
Detector(s) used
Safari
Primary Interest:
Other
Masks, combined with social distancing and increased hand-washing, helps to slow the spread of Covid19. It's not a perfect defence against a really infectious disease but it is effective enough to help slow the rate of infection -with enough cooperation from the public.

Slowing spread is the only defence we have until enough people have been vaccinated.

This is a proven truth which is why CDC (et al) advocate so strongly for it.

Result is far more suffering than necessary. 400,000 deaths, millions who've fought illness, millions more devastated by economic fallout.

It's a rotten shame.

If it were true that it helps to slow the rate of infection spread then explain to me why heavy lockdown states with the full steps taken that you outlined fared no better than states that didn't.

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds a bit optimistic, granted not a bad thing.
I think they can seed various nation wrecking viruses any time they want, I think they have been seeding it right along to keep the nation in the grip of panic and divisiveness for political purposes, and I don't see anything to stop them from doing it again at will when and if it suits their agenda.

Yeah. Meanwhile those who think they have power because they were elected offer the solution- "Mandates for thee but not for me"

The solutions offered are going to put our economy in the craphole and perhaps for decades to come. If We depend on the state for security, eventually We will be dependent on the state for sustenance. The fact is that Man is inherently evil. Add mob mentality into the mix and men become even more evil.

Look at the mob of dudes who were tearing down statues. They did not stop at monuments depicting slave holders. They tore down statues of Lincoln and even a monument to the 54th Massachusetts Regiment- a regiment composed entirely of Free black men that saw extensive service in the first American Civil War on the Union side. Individuals can be very intelligent. But a mob is most always ruled by the lowest common denominator.

It wasn't evil in and of itself that ran rampant in Germany in the 1930's. It was simply the mentality of a well organized mob.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread