114.2 KB · Views: 626

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
humm is that the "new" 50 lb light weight model?

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It looks as though one of the weights is missing from that barbell ;D

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I had to use that thing, I'd put wheels on it.

chadrack

Sep 20, 2008
Gents, you mock what you don't understand! That happens to be the amazing Goldak Commander Model 720 you are looking at there. My first detector was its little brother- a Goldak Commander Model 820. Mine did not have the cool meter though. Christmas, 1972. I can personally testify that it found barrel rings and old stove parts at more than 3 feet deep and still can( I still have it, and the paperwork states that it will go down to 5. I believe them.). It is not as heavy and awkward as it may look. It is the very detector, though, that soured me on detecting probably for life. Imagine, if you will, a very young man with visions of stagecoach robbery loot buried in wells fargo strongboxes, and all you can ever find are BARREL RINGS AND OLD STOVE PARTS, and in very deep holes to boot! Terrible! It is actually a pretty capable detector for its time. I am still forced to metal detect in my prospecting jaunts, but I grit my teeth the whole time. And there you have a little history. C

OP
OP
artzstuff1

artzstuff1

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2008
Wayne Co. IL. "POND CREEK"
Detector(s) used
Tesoro's (many- 7-8)
chadrack said:
Gents, you mock what you don't understand! That happens to be the amazing Goldak Commander Model 720 you are looking at there. My first detector was its little brother- a Goldak Commander Model 820. Mine did not have the cool meter though. Christmas, 1972. I can personally testify that it found barrel rings and old stove parts at more than 3 feet deep and still can( I still have it, and the paperwork states that it will go down to 5. I believe them.). It is not as heavy and awkward as it may look. It is the very detector, though, that soured me on detecting probably for life. Imagine, if you will, a very young man with visions of stagecoach robbery loot buried in wells fargo strongboxes, and all you can ever find are BARREL RINGS AND OLD STOVE PARTS, and in very deep holes to boot! Terrible! It is actually a pretty capable detector for its time. I am still forced to metal detect in my prospecting jaunts, but I grit my teeth the whole time. And there you have a little history. C

Chadrack ,,,, glad you responded!!! I pulled that ad out of a volume 1 first run treasure magazine!!! cool history lesson there dude!!!

arthur

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think anyone truly mocked it, but it is an awkward machine judging from the design alone. It appears to have a pistol grip, with a long and relatively heavy looking rod, then the head itself. There is no way you are going to swing that with one arm unless you are Popeye :D It reminds me of an old WWII minesweeper.

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My first outtake was it looked like one of those heavy microphone stands.(like on a stage) Back then things were built without all today's technology, So I was figuring it would be very heavy as Sparty just said. Thats why I said it could use a set of wheels. If not...Get the Spinach Boys :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions