• 020412161528.jpg
    020412161528.jpg
    226.4 KB · Views: 773

l0cke

Tenderfoot
Feb 7, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's your process for / what do you sell from the computer monitors and TVs? I have a few laying around I was just going to give away or toss.

OP
OP
DemonWolfe

DemonWolfe

Apr 11, 2008
Russell KS.
I just unscrew the back that way I can put it back together again. I strip out all the wire and take out the big chunk of plastic and copper wire off the back of the tube. I try to do it without breaking it you can do this by unscrewing the two stainless steel clips which can be put in a different pile to keep. I have been keeping the low grade boards also. Not sure what ill do with them since as far as I know nobody around here takes them maybe ebay. I take all the aluminum heatsinks off. That strand of blaxktaped wire around the tube is copper wire and pretty easy to strip. Not alot in tvs but if you don't have anything alae to do itll be worth it

OP
OP
DemonWolfe

DemonWolfe

Apr 11, 2008
Russell KS.
Got them all done and stripped out. Got probably 4 lbs of bare bright wire. A few pounds of unstripped wire some which will be worth stripping. Several aluminum heat sinks maybe a pound of them if im lucky. Probably 20.lbs of low grade boards (now I just need someone to sell them to nobody around me buys that kind of stuff) and maybe 2 lbs of high grade printer boards and a quarter pound of stainless steel. Oh and several pounds of steel casings and nuts and bolts and screws. Anyone know if computer monitor ends are gold plated or not they look like it but im not for sure.

bjybjy

Greenie
May 13, 2011
DemonWolfe said:
Got them all done and stripped out. Got probably 4 lbs of bare bright wire. A few pounds of unstripped wire some which will be worth stripping. Several aluminum heat sinks maybe a pound of them if im lucky. Probably 20.lbs of low grade boards (now I just need someone to sell them to nobody around me buys that kind of stuff) and maybe 2 lbs of high grade printer boards and a quarter pound of stainless steel. Oh and several pounds of steel casings and nuts and bolts and screws. Anyone know if computer monitor ends are gold plated or not they look like it but im not for sure.

They are usually gold plated, yes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread