Now WHAT caused the drop????

georgiagirl23

Greenie
Oct 1, 2014
Georgia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The government announced yesterday morning that home loan interest rates would not increase for at least another 6 months, which caused a huge sell-off yesterday afternoon, thus the price drop you saw happen. Keep your eye on the prices, they will stabilize and begin to climb again. This happens every time an announcement like this is made.

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What georgiagirl said. Which is great news for me because I'm preparing to refinance my mortgage as soon as I get my taxes done.

SilverHoarder07

Oct 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver prices were slowly climbing, but all of a sudden it takes a NOSE dive. Just yesterday's big drop was -$1.00. Does anyone have any good logical reasoning ?
Your comments:

I think the first reply has it covered....I am happy about the drop, in a week or two I was going to commit to another 30-50 ozt. And I was figuring $18.50 range with generics + premiums. Now I get a little more :)

norcalsteve

Sep 30, 2013
Petaluma, CA
Detector(s) used
36" Bazooka Prospector, Gold-n-Sand hand dredge
What georgiagirl said. Which is great news for me because I'm preparing to refinance my mortgage as soon as I get my taxes done.

I bought a house last august and had to do a FHA loan. They just lowered their mortgage insurance rate and im doing the paper work now to redo it. My monthly payment is going down $156.00 a month. Plus rebate of what I overpaid that is going to principle . :)

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you'll look at a historical, inflation-adjusted graph of the spot price of silver, you'll pretty much see a straight line with 2 blips. First blip was the Hunt Bros. thing in ~1980, and the 2nd was the most recent financial crisis, from which the price has not regressed all the way back to its "normal." Its going lower, and its going to stay there until the next market cornering attempt or financial crisis.

Silver is a good protector of wealth. Its not statistically a good long-term money maker.

I have learned my lesson, and if I'm fortunate enough to be alive when blip #3 occurs, I will sell it all.

Half Hunter

Jan 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought a house last august and had to do a FHA loan. They just lowered their mortgage insurance rate and im doing the paper work now to redo it. My monthly payment is going down $156.00 a month. Plus rebate of what I overpaid that is going to principle . :)

So how do you do that? i did the same thing in July 9(fha loan). So I can get a rebate for what I paid since July and make it go down?

norcalsteve

Sep 30, 2013
Petaluma, CA
Detector(s) used
36" Bazooka Prospector, Gold-n-Sand hand dredge
So how do you do that? i did the same thing in July 9(fha loan). So I can get a rebate for what I paid since July and make it go down?

I financed with Wells Fargo. They called me. I have gotten a dozen letters from different lenders wanting me to streamline a new lower loan with them. Call your lender. My interest rate went down from 4 to 3.55. FHA just announced this this week. You should be able to reduce your interest rate and the mortgage insurance. Good luck

dreamboxvip

May 1, 2014
Silver prices were slowly climbing, but all of a sudden it takes a NOSE dive. Just yesterday's big drop was -$1.00. Does anyone have any good logical reasoning ?
Your comments:

I knew a big drop was coming because of monday's 40 cent drop. And of course gold pretty much recovered all of its losses from thursday while silver only climbed back 31 cent, which is better than nothing but gold climbs faster and drops slower than silver most of the time. Its probably because i have a lot of silver and not gold lol. I was hoping silver would hold the 18 dollar range.

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Wouldn't worry about that drop. It's nothing. I do a lot of trading. It's not a concern. I would only be concerned if it re-tested the 15's low again and started going below.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
The government announced yesterday morning that home loan interest rates would not increase for at least another 6 months, which caused a huge sell-off yesterday afternoon, thus the price drop you saw happen. Keep your eye on the prices, they will stabilize and begin to climb again. This happens every time an announcement like this is made.
The sell-off, was it paper, or physical?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread