Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
Just a few ideas here, but grid off the yard into small areas, hunt in all metal mode (no discrimation). Hope it helps.

Dwight S

Apr 26, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro & White's TDI & Tesoro Compass uMax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hunt the back yard.!!!!!! As Ron said, no discrimination. AT Pro, if I remember right.... hunt in Pro mode, zero discrimination, go really slow. Listen for those faint deep tones, middle and high. And remember, if it gives a tone and no VDI, don't pass it up, dig it.

Got pictures of your bullet? Congratulations.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Younghunt

Younghunt

May 14, 2011
Clarkesville ga/ Ringgold ga
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter fast tracker, now garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got pictures of your bullet? Congratulations.[/QUOTE]
Thanks here it is

image-2733785333.jpg

image-1642795964.jpg

Heres the square head nails to
image-3365158325.jpg

OP
OP
Younghunt

Younghunt

May 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dwight S said:
Hunt the back yard.!!!!!! As Ron said, no discrimination. AT Pro, if I remember right.... hunt in Pro mode, zero discrimination, go really slow. Listen for those faint deep tones, middle and high. And remember, if it gives a tone and no VDI, don't pass it up, dig it.

Also, what signals do u commonly dig? Ive dug alot of what looks like the bottom to soup cans and peices to horse shoes? And yes im using the at pro with the 5x7 coil pro mode, zero discrimination.

strateloss

Aug 21, 2012
NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030, E-TRAC, ProFind25, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats and good luck finding more!!

Dwight S

Apr 26, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You are relic hunting, pass no signal up. Civil War relics can come in at nearly every number. Plus, you need to dig any shallow signal, including foil to see if its masking anything below.

OP
OP
Younghunt

Younghunt

May 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dwight S said:
You are relic hunting, pass no signal up. Civil War relics can come in at nearly every number. Plus, you need to dig any shallow signal, including foil to see if its masking anything below.

What about those sigals on the at pro that come up as 04 in iron range?

Dwight S

Apr 26, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
What about those sigals on the at pro that come up as 04 in iron range?

You can leave them or dig them. I would probably dig them to make sure they are not hiding anything. Heck, it's your yard, you only have your family to answer to for digging it up. You found a bullet and nails, there was obviously some activity there, I'd work it until there was absolutely nothing metal to be found.

I hunted at a large group hunt and was in a camp area where a lot of holes from previous digs were found. Another hunter checked a covered up hole and got a signal, he dug down and started finding ration can pieces, probably the reason the previous digger gave up. He kept working the hole and eventually he found a eagle I coat button in the hole. I was close by doing the same thing, I ended up finding a fired 3-ringer. Trash can mask good signals, so I recommend digging it out.

OP
OP
Younghunt

Younghunt

May 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
started finding ration can pieces....

Im finding ALOT of what seems to be old soup cans in peices, just got a full horse shoe today along with a old bullet, no idea if its civil war, i think it may be!

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you think that you are in a SW camp site switch back to the larger coil for that little bit of extra depth and dig everything. If you can, dig large plugs and then stick your coil in the hole to get that additional depth.
That's all I got, Good luck,
ZDD

got2dig

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2012
Mid-Tenn
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You are doing very good just keep it up. (RINGGOLD) thats a hot spot find some one that will let you hunt. But keep on hunting your place to. your on to something good.

Dwight S

Apr 26, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Post up a picture of the new bullet, someone can identify it. Keep at it, you'll find some good stuff.

Congrats on the new stuff. I tell ya... If that was my yard, there wouldn't be a sprig of grass left!!! :tongue3:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Younghunt

Younghunt

May 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dwight S said:
Post up a picture of the new bullet, someone can identify it. Keep at it, you'll find some good stuff.

Congrats on the new stuff. I tell ya... If that was my yard, there wouldn't be a sprig of grass left!!! :tongue3:

image-2084580014.jpg

image-1169607666.jpg

image-611512758.jpg

image-2169748449.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions