Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Upvote 7
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Interesting and cool find! :occasion14:

Inspector

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
Finger Lakes Region, Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Nox 600, w/6", Simplex+WHP, Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Toltec, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find, your best start is to read the manual and then read the manual. Start with the factory settings and don't make any tweaks until you understand how it's going to benefit. It will take time to learn the machine, be patient #1. GL

Dennis1209

Dec 23, 2018
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Etrac & NOX 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Everyone's preferences, soil and EMI is different. I mainly coin hunt at older parks and want to keep the chatter and falsing to my ears at a minimum. I generally use Park I, I discriminate out everything but 11 - 13 and 19 upward. Most soil I hunt with sensitivity @ 17-18, if I get an interesting chirp, I bump it up to the 20's to make a decision. Yeah, I know what I'm missing, but at the end of the hunt I still have my sanity and my mind doesn't drift so much from the constant chatter. If I'm hunting a very old site, then all bets are off. I try and discriminate some iron and use as much sensitivity as I can get away with; and dig everything below five inches, unless of course the site proves different or around old tree roots, in gravel etc.

I'm here to tell ya, my Nox 600 picks up coins my Etrac misses and vice versa. Only part of it is the direction an on edge coin is approached. HH

P.S. Youtube videos helped me out a lot when I first got my 600

Last edited:

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool find. GL with the Nox.

KevGA

Jul 12, 2004
St. Louis, MO
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Garrett ACE 250
Very cool find! I started out with the Nox just a few weeks ago, and am loving it. Search Equinox on these forums, most of what you find written for the 800 directly applies to the 600, and as mentioned, YouTube is your friend. HH :icon_thumleft:

Valley Ranger

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2011
Shenandoah Valley
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro (2), Makro Racer 2, Garrett AT Pinpointer (2)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Cool find! I have the Nox 800. Personally, I like Park 2, 5 tones and keep it at the factory settings, though I may bumpy the sensitivity up to max in quiet ground.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread