Nox 800 program for seeded hunt? Metal washers.

andygold

Mar 29, 2017
Northern NY, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800,
HF 9-Function md,
Garrett Pro-Pointer AT PP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm going to a seeded hunt where a few acre grassy field is seeded with hardware store steel washers. They range in size from about one quarter inch to about one inch in outside diameter. They are just strewn about the field atop the soil, but hidden from the eye by the grass. So, there's no digging necessary.
I'm curious what settings you might suggest to maximize ferrous while minimizing non-ferrous. I'm not sure though if a 1" washer on the surface might ring in as a strong non-ferrous target due to it being so close to the coil.
In the past, the only thing I did was to just notch out everything above +10 (not 0, just to be safe), and didn't do too bad, but figured I'd ask if anyone had any other suggestions.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm going to a seeded hunt where a few acre grassy field is seeded with hardware store steel washers. They range in size from about one quarter inch to about one inch in outside diameter. They are just strewn about the field atop the soil, but hidden from the eye by the grass. So, there's no digging necessary.
I'm curious what settings you might suggest to maximize ferrous while minimizing non-ferrous. I'm not sure though if a 1" washer on the surface might ring in as a strong non-ferrous target due to it being so close to the coil.
In the past, the only thing I did was to just notch out everything above +10 (not 0, just to be safe), and didn't do too bad, but figured I'd ask if anyone had any other suggestions.
I guess the days of silver seeded hunts are gone.
Steel washers?
Don't really know what to say, regarding that.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd turn the iron volume up, the sensitivity down, and use the largest coil they will let you use. Experiment with a few different modes (including the gold mode)to see which give you the best target response.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions