Nugget detecting partner/buddy

Rutnbuck

Jun 26, 2005
No. Utah
Detector(s) used
whites xlt, Goldbug2,
Looking for a detecting buddy with a spot to go nugget shooting. Id, Mt, Nv. Any info kindly appriciated! Would even pay for the right spot. Clubs with claims or property owners wanting payment or just some one who likes to go I am game. I am stuck in Utah and no nuggets to speak of here. Need to keep it close as possible to home. I have a gold bug 2 and I could use some pointers. I know it is a long shot but what the hey. If I could find one 26 pound nugget I would be happy. Or if you want you can rent me! Have detector will travel. I could let ya in on a few secrets of my own. Email me if you want to keep it quiet! Here is a pic of a couple weeks ago dredging.
Good luck in your searches.

Attachments

• Nev52010derdging 008.jpg
    Nev52010derdging 008.jpg
    247.7 KB · Views: 1,026
Upvote 0

niffler

Mar 19, 2008
Coos Bay, Oregon
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900, DFX, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Killer B Hornets, Stealth 720i scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in Boise, Idaho. I have wanted to find a nugget, I even drove down to Rye Patch, Nevada and detected, but no nuggets. I think Northern Nevada has a lot of potential, also around Salmon, Idaho, close to the Montana border. Good luck, and if you get near Boise, look me up. Niffler

OP
OP
Rutnbuck

Rutnbuck

Jun 26, 2005
No. Utah
Detector(s) used
whites xlt, Goldbug2,
That was just one morning. We didn't weigh it till we had 2 days worth ended up about 1/2 oz.

OP
OP
Rutnbuck

Rutnbuck

Jun 26, 2005
No. Utah
Detector(s) used
whites xlt, Goldbug2,
Niffler I sent you an E-mail let me know if you get it
Thanks
rut

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey there Rut--I used to pan in Utah years ago, and all I ever found was small stuff. There's a prospector's shop in Orem--have you ever had a chat with the owner? He's very knowledgeable and he's a dredger to boot--I've talked with him quite a few times and seen pictures of the gold he finds--he's found some nice stuff right there in Utah. If you're itching for bigger gold, hit the I-15 and head up to Virginia City/Nevada city area--Alder gulch--nice coarse gold up there, or keep a going and check out the Helena area--lots of nice nuggets taken there by nugget shooters. You can try to talk with Bud Guthrie--he has a prospector's shop on the way out of Helena heading west--he's in the phone book--check out the yellow pages. He's found some incredible gold detecting and dredging--plays his cards very close to his vest though, but he's extremely knowledgeable. I have a nice collection of small nuggets that I got from a pay for mining site up near Idaho City--Placerville's the name. I don't know if they're still in business or not, but they used to let you high-bank or dredge, and they also had a common operation. I took my boys there to their outing and we had a lot of fun--they even had a big fireworks show when we were there on the Fourth.

You can access the www.idahogpaa.com and get access to several clubs (the Nampa Idaho president is Robert Forbes 208-465-7863). I'm sure they can fill you in on what's still operational for pay-to-mine sites, but they might also be able to connect you with a fellow nugget shooter that's looking for a buddy.

All the best,

Lanny

rexb

Greenie
Nov 26, 2005
I'm in UT, if you found that in UT you're doing well. I would say the best placers in the state are 1. the Henry Mtns. around Crescent Creek, and 2. Amasa Valley west of Delta, UT up in the House Range. I've hunted Rye Patch, found a couple nuggets after day two about ten hours into the hunt my first time there. Nice to see gold after hunting for ten hours straight. It was the first time I had run the detector in a bonafide gold nugget area. They're still out there but it is pounded.

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Rex--well done on finding the nuggets at Rye Patch--a lot of people get skunked there, and ten hours of dedicated detector swinging is not a lot of time invested when it comes to nugget hunting, so, congratulations again.

All the best,

Lanny

favored papa

Oct 6, 2009
mountain home Idaho
Detector(s) used
ace 250 dfx
now that it is cooling off I would love to explore rye patch. with some one. it may be pounded but if there is onething I have learned nothing is ever hunter out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread