Attachments

• Toms Ganes Creek,Ak gold nugget.JPG
    Toms Ganes Creek,Ak gold nugget.JPG
    92.9 KB · Views: 493

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
You dowsed a gold mine! why do you think it was "dowsing" and not the fact that it was at a "gold mine" that you found gold? I dunno - maybe I just don't get it. :-\

I want to believe... I just can't.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Hey Tvanwho....Nice find...I also use map dowsing as a tool...I find that it puts me in the area so I don't waste time on non-productive areas..Art

OP
OP
T

tvanwho

Jul 15, 2005
indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo ST, Whites MXT and TDi,Garrett AT Pro and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You got it right Art. I fergot to tell folks I searched at Ganes creek all week and all I got was junk for my efforts altho others found nuggets here and there.The property is HUGE,almost 1000 acres.It wasn't until I went up to the map dowsed spot at weeks end I finally got a nugget after digging 4 pieces of trash right before it.Then I pounded the area around the nugget for hours and nothing more. I sat down on that hillside and just stared at that pebble for an hour, almost missed dinner cause of my ponderings. That was my first gold nugget found with a metal detector after 3 years of looking in various parts of the country. Also, I had marked that area for between 8000-25000 ounces of gold but the mine owner told me there was nothing there........as they had it all mined out....to the tune of 28,000 ounces...welll, they never get quite all of it as coin hunters will tell you about worked out spots.
Hopefully,some of our wanna be gold dowsers will get some inspiration from my find/picture ?
I will be looking this year for some serious gold nuggets here in Illinois where everybody knows there is no gold except a little glacial stuff. Still too cold yet to get out tho and I need to talk to private property landowners fer permission to hunt before looking altho I can see 2 spots I can get onto I think,one is under a bridge over a dry gully where the map dowsing really likes for nuggets,just hope its not too trashy.
So,where are at Art,maybe we could meet up? i am near Chicago.

-Tom

ScubaDude

Bronze Member
Oct 10, 2006
Coastal, NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS, Garret Seahunter MK II, Geometrics 882, Marine Sonic SS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tvanwho said:
Also, I had marked that area for between 8000-25000 ounces of gold but the mine owner told me there was nothing there........as they had it all mined out....to the tune of 28,000 ounces...welll, they never get quite all of it as coin hunters will

Amazing, so with dowsing you not only found the exact spot but you were able to deduce the precise quantity too. Does the thing just start bouncing off the map and tapping out the precise number of ounces? Seems it might be easier to upgrade your tool to one that did it in kilos or pounds, maybe get a newer model that takes into account what has already been removed. As much as I'd like to believe in dowsing, claims like this one are seem a tad far fetched. Was there a rainbow or a Leprechaun nearby?

OP
OP
T

tvanwho

Jul 15, 2005
indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Re: Nugget I got in Alaska at a site I map dowsed from Chicago,tips

As long as my pendulum rotates clockwise for a yes, I keep addin tens,hundreds, or thousands of ounces to the total until it starts to swing the other way, then I subtract ounces until it swings clockwise again and write down the approximate total ounces at a site. I am now using a somewhat proprietary pendulum and pointers I discovered in years of experimenting since the material seems to be more attracted to gold deposits with the map dowsing.I recently had 2 chips of this stone epoxied to the ends of my copper L rods to try to improve my field dowsing which kinds sucks compared to my map dowsing results.I also found I could map dowse straight off the computer screen without a paper map. Altho, my best results happen with the smallest scale paper maps,like 1:5,000 or 1:10,000,also much easier to pinpoint the location in the field with maps of these scales. After all,if you can't pinpoint the map dowsed location in the field,what good is the map dowsing I figger? I admit,I stink when it it comes to treasure map dowsing so am not wasting any more precious time doing that. Might as well stick to something that does work for me. In Indiana, I found gold colors and pinhead size flakes at 3 spots in a row there with my map dowsing where I had never set foot there before so that is more than just coincidence in my book. I realize there will always be skeptics tho and thats ok but it does pay to have an open mind I am finding, and I question everything I have been told in my lifetime,especially the religous stuff.I do believe in God but quit going to church 30 years ago,got tired of having preachers pound me over the head with hellfire and brimstone sermons. I find it much more peaceful to be down at the creek on a Sunday morning or at the local crystal shop. Fact is too,when I am map dowsig ,I have my pendulum swinging in a Negative,skeptical, fashion 99% of the time.Its the 1% that gets my attention for a gold hit. I am always experimenting,always lookin fer a better more accurate way to find the gold,so far the map dowsing still wins. I don't know of any other way to cover zillions of square miles of land in my lifetime or yours , to find the right spots to look for the gold.If you do,let me know please?
--Tom

OP
OP
T

tvanwho

Jul 15, 2005
indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ken,

I was informed the mine is sold and this is the last year for trips there.Thats probably why the website does not work for clark/wiltz mining.

-Tom

OP
OP
T

tvanwho

Jul 15, 2005
indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Incidentally, they had a crew there from a mining company looking for lode deposits, never found any.I could have told them that there were only small ones, like 1500 ounces. I map dowsed a 1 million ounce deposit within 30 miles of there but am keeping it secret. Mining season is Alaska is only a few months long due to the frozen ground and the cold and the better gold spots are tough to get to without an airplane or chopper. They had to fly us in to Ganes on a beatup airplane.The pilot made a point of informing us the emergency gear was in the nose of the plane not to mention all the graffiti inside the plane. Needless, to say, I did NOT feel very safe in that thing.
--Tom

Kas

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Mx sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Must have just sold. Looked a month ago and they had info up for trips this summer.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Hey tvanwho..I get that stuff all the time ...You are finding gold in known gold producing area. So what...If these people want to look for a sunken ship in the middle of Kansas they can just do it...I am not...Art

OP
OP
T

tvanwho

Jul 15, 2005
indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Dell,

How do you get the mining companies to actually pay you for your efforts? How much do you charge them?
I've had a couple parties tell me they would give me a percent of gold recovered in the future but when I asked for money up front, I never heard back from them again. Promises don't put gas in my truck or food on my table after all, seems only fair to ask for an hourly rate too?
Thanks-

Tom

rgecy

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II
Dell Winders said:
...... I have no way of predicting the results,.........

After all, Dowsed information can be perceived as only the opinion of the Dowser. There are no guarantees of recovery.

Doesn't this just say it all!

OP
OP
T

tvanwho

Jul 15, 2005
indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sounds like I need to form my own mining company if/when I can scrape up some green stuff and screw the traditional mining methods or at least the initial locating of the mineral part of it. Sure wish winter was over so I could get out in the field and make some more cool discoveries...even made my own portable cordless electric SDS core drill last year altho it can only drill down a foot...a better version that drills to 8 feet costs 2 grand and is back packable...and is on my wish list.
-Tom

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread