Nugget!!!!!

Doitlaynstyle

Feb 21, 2013
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Rock Nose and sniffer belly
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Got out on some public ground near grimes creek and Idaho city (exact location is NOTELLUM Creek) :laughing7:
Found this and more, Took Pic at the end of day 2 of a three day trip where we ran over 10 tons of material through my highbanker. (575 buckets) Oh my shoulders hurt.... but my eyeballs are incredibly happy! 20130707_095010.jpg 20130707_095014.jpg

The rock is what looks to be Quartz and is just beautifully coated in gold. I am so looking forward to what you guys may think that the specimen is worth. Its our first full blown nugget/specimen or whatever. I still haven't even thrown it on the scale to see how many grams it weighs but I don't think that would do any good. I also don't know how to determine how much is gold, It is definitely heavier than a quartz rock of the same approx size.

Upvote 0

Army of 1

Jun 22, 2013
Dundee Northern Australia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro , Tesora Bandito 2 , Minelab GPX 4000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats a nice looking piece , gotta weigh quite a few grams , congrats on the find . cheers Mick

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Woooo-Weeee! Nice looking Yella - Congratulations! :hello2:

RANGER31

Mar 3, 2011
lousisiana
Detector(s) used
whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very nice nugget there. i am very familer with grimes creek i dredge up there every summer.i love the area up there a lot of good gold to be goten up there i have dredge areas up there were u can see the gold laying in the cracks and gold just coated in mercury. here is a pic of a nugget i pulled out of grimes creek 011.JPG i am planing on heading up there here in the next week are so.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well Done! Lots of work involved there, glad to see others are willing to work hard for a reward!..................63bkpkr

Alex Burke

Apr 3, 2013
NorCal
Detector(s) used
BH, GB2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice! I think you have to weigh it and do a specific gravity test to get the gold content if it checks out its worth more as a specimen than gold content, good work sounds tiring moving that much dirt. Pretty rock.

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Awesome find!

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Great stuff and quite a specimen!

Sackett

Feb 20, 2011
Greenwood, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 500 (need a new/better one)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job my brother lives in Boise and I'd sure like to dip a pan up in that area....I sit amazed at the digs in the rock cliffs up toward Atlanta near Twin Springs!!

OP
OP
Doitlaynstyle

Doitlaynstyle

Feb 21, 2013
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for all the congrats guys. I'm so excited about this find.

bug

Jun 5, 2008
Nor Cal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats man thats a sweet stone!
Multiply the specimens weight in grams by current physical gold price ($44 per gram)
Thats what I would ask for the "rock", others may say thats too much or too little but thats a rough dollar estimate for ya

OP
OP
Doitlaynstyle

Doitlaynstyle

Feb 21, 2013
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Weight

So I finally threw the nuggy on the scale and it weighed in at 8.4 grams. Do you guys think that I could get 2X spot price for that? I don't want to put it on Ebay cause I want to keep it... Is there anyone that could be called to have it appraised?

GrizzlyGremlin

Nov 17, 2012
Dude that is just crazy!!! What a unique piece... Do Not F---ing sell it!!! Thats could be a find of a lifetime. An heirloom of your time on this earth. I love how you can see that its a fairly young nugget. Its rolled around a bit but not sheared and smashed by erosion and glaciers. Did u find it on bedrock?? And how did u move 500 buckets in 3 days. Thats like 165 buckets a day. Thats long days at 10 per hour. How many people did u have? Excavator? Shovels? Dynamite? I cant dig a bucket every 5 minutes...what was ur total haul?

OP
OP
Doitlaynstyle

Doitlaynstyle

Feb 21, 2013
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ya we moved closer to 575 but they were not quite full. All by shovel, We do 100 bucket runs before we shut down for a clean-out. We went up on Friday and got there at around noon and I did a little side digging in a spot I liked and that's where I found it I had run between 50-75 buckets with just me and my 13 yr old son. My pardner showed up and I shut down for a clean out and there she was just nicely trapped in the first three inches of the box (don't ever let momma tell you that 3 inches isn't enough LOL) before the first riffle. After the clean-out we ran another 100 buckets and shut down for the day. After we got camp set-up we panned out the concentrates for the day.

We only had to pack the buckets about 20 feet and 2 guys digging and packing with one dumping (my machine swallows buckets at a time) We can do 100 buckets in about 30-45 min. Another 30-45 min for the clean-out because we re-setup and re concentrate the cons across gold hog matting and we reduce 100 buckets down to 1/8 of a pan, then we switch back to the Branson Riffles and run again. We can do 300 buckets in 6 hours-ish and concentrate them. That was what we proved to ourselves on Saturday. Saturday night we panned out the concentrates while sitting around the campfire.

Sunday we got up and tore down camp and then ran another 100 buckets and did our usual clean-out. We tore down the highbanker and pump/hoses and cleaned up the site while I panned out the cleanup. Went back to camp and had lunch then loaded everything up and headed home. Total take for the weekend was about 9 grams plus our 8.4 gram nuggy...

What a weekend!!!

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
If you want to sell it, you will find another. Why not shovel into the box and leave the buckets out of the equation? Probably get a 30% boost in production. 9 grams x 1.30 = 11.7 grams, minus the cobble. Good health and continued good hunting

OP
OP
Doitlaynstyle

Doitlaynstyle

Feb 21, 2013
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If you want to sell it, you will find another. Why not shovel into the box and leave the buckets out of the equation? Probably get a 30% boost in production. 9 grams x 1.30 = 11.7 grams, minus the cobble. Good health and continued good hunting
Wouldn't work out unless I wanted to swim in the hole we were digging lol. We cant shovel into the box as fast as we can pour buckets either. That actually would result in a 30% reduction in production. two guys shoveling to fill buckets when only one can work at the highbanker and the highbanker is handling the feed faster than they could keep up. We know this based on the testing we did on the creek we were working. In the following video I also have discovered that I wasnt running the highbanker steep enough either.

See also the playlist and enjoy all the gold I show you Gold sluicebox progression - YouTube

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread