NWI

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E-TRAC MINELAB SAFARI TEKNETICS OMEGA 8000 GARRETT AT PRO GARRETT PRO POINTER VIBRA PROBE 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

hunter_46356

Feb 12, 2012
Indiana/Florida
Detector(s) used
NOx 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frost n Taorob, do either of you know if your local parks (Highland or Griffith) allow detecting. I seem to remember a video of some group detecting Wicker Park in Highland years back. I've checked highland ordinances and don't find any specific rules saying no detecting. Haven't check Griffith. I know we can hunt Lake Co. Fair Grounds. Just looking for a commonplace to met, do a little hunting and brainstorm future get togethers. I have already received a few responses to PM's sent from contacts on this thread.

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E-TRAC MINELAB SAFARI TEKNETICS OMEGA 8000 GARRETT AT PRO GARRETT PRO POINTER VIBRA PROBE 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i think we tried last year to get something going and it fizzled out before anything happened:dontknow:

hunter_46356

Feb 12, 2012
Indiana/Florida
Detector(s) used
NOx 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SoldierDog How about Valpo, do you know any local rules against detecting at parks and other public spaces?

Soldierdog

Tenderfoot
Feb 19, 2011
No I do not. I detect anywhere I want unless it is posted Private Property. There are a couple of abandoned houses here that I have yet to hunt as well. So far, I have never had a problem. Which says a lot as I am a monority in these parts. Lol

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No I do not. I detect anywhere I want unless it is posted Private Property. There are a couple of abandoned houses here that I have yet to hunt as well. So far, I have never had a problem. Which says a lot as I am a monority in these parts. Lol

I found a few spots in valpo I would like to detect but wasn't sure about the rules down there

Soldierdog

Tenderfoot
Feb 19, 2011
I know of two abandoned farm houses just waiting to be hunted. ;-)
Oh, and I just found an old foundation of a small structure just inside the wood line.

hunter_46356

Feb 12, 2012
Indiana/Florida
Detector(s) used
NOx 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's the problem where is "there" We need some ideas for a place to hunt as a group. I'm guessing a rather large city park if there is going to be several of us. We have a diverse group as far as where everybody lives. Highland Griffith Valpo Lowell. I know Lake Co lets MDer's in the Crown Point Fair Grounds. It has been hunted to death I'm sure but they never find everything. With most of it under a canopy of trees it's probably still got frost and 3"to 4" of snow predicted we'll just have to see what the next few weeks bring.

B1u3Dr4g0n1

Banned
Mar 14, 2010
Earth
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 with Sniper & DD coil with a Sun Ray Probe ,BountyHunter 101/BountyHunter pinpointer Dredge/highbanker combo, Mini Trommel, Blue Bowl and other stuff I dont use very often..lol
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Weather is getting warm boys........you know what that means...

Mding and prospecting

B1u3Dr4g0n1

Banned
Mar 14, 2010
Earth
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250 with Sniper & DD coil with a Sun Ray Probe ,BountyHunter 101/BountyHunter pinpointer Dredge/highbanker combo, Mini Trommel, Blue Bowl and other stuff I dont use very often..lol
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Theakiki

Dec 28, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATX550
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You guys been getting out?

mwfisherman77

Apr 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi guys I'm from portage just picked up a coinmaster the other day. Been messing around at a few parks. I'm down to meet up and hunt with someone in the arae. If youre down send me a message!

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When this week? How about Thursday?

It's suppose to rain Thursday but if you have somewhere close enough to me I'm in

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread