NYC "lawmakers" still clueless

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are now making it illegal to use electronic cgarettes in public buildings. Even though what looks like smoke is actually just water vapor, the "lawmakers" think it could cause confussion and/or confrontation if some dumba$$ busybody thinks it's real. Couldn't someone jogging look like a person running from a crime? Couldn't someone with a backpack look like a terrorist? Wouldn't some lady showing a little clevage be confused with someone soliciting? If it's cold outside, shouldn't it be illegal to make the steam from your mouth look like smoke from a cigarette? Can I pretend to be smoking?.....I know I can pretend to be female :). If I'm walking faster than the person in front of me, couldn't I be confused with someone playing the "knockout game"? These are the same, brilliant folks using that same mentallity to write gun legislation. Very sad state of affairs.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Just be glad we don't live in New York. Well, except when my sister did and I discovered cannoli, NY pizza, Katz's Deli and really hot wanna be models(they all carried portfolios and rode the subway cause it was cheap) who refused to talk to anyone except a poor jean clad, boot and hat wearing Texan with a map and the cutest Texas accent they had ever heard. Worked even better when the girl was from Texas. Bought them dinner, had someone beautiful to date and enjoyed life while in town. Bet it would still work...

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Want to guess. What side sponsored that bill.......

We will NOT go quietly into the night!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Buy a Plastic Cigarette, or one of the Electronic ones, Don't fill it,
Take the Battery out & just Mimic smoking in restaurants.
you can still P.O. the Health Nazi's 'till they make pretending to be illegal.

I think you may be able to puff on a Real cig in restaurants,
as long as it ain't lit. just take a red Marker & color the tip :laughing7:

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
index.jpg
candy-cigarettes-50s.jpg
you can even share these with your kid :icon_thumright:

well maybe not :( http://www.candycigarettes.org/

Last edited:
OP
OP
packerbacker

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TH....is it the same ones that wanted to outlaw large sodas? If the courts hadn't stepped in and put an end to that stupidity, it would probably be illegal to have a large drink container, even if it was empty. It would "appear" to be an illegal drink to the dummies. :)

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tedena7u.jpg

We will NOT go quietly into the night!

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
If it is the kind of e-cigar me and my wife were subjected to the other day I can see the point, some guy was walking around the gibralter trade center toking on some kind of e-pipe or cigar thingy that had some kind of flavor thingy in it and it stank something god awful, it made my throat burn, dunno how he could handle it.
Considering the center is like a quarter million square feet and it stunk up the whole damn place.
I don't think that they should ban them, just people need to care about others, never got an asthma attack from people using e-cigs but that thing was different.

Mike

OP
OP
packerbacker

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't know if they want to make odors illegal although these folks might try. Heck, farting could become a capital offense along with body odor, bad breath, perfume, after shave and the fish market.

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't know if they want to make odors illegal although these folks might try. Heck, farting could become a capital offense along with body odor, bad breath, perfume, after shave and the fish market.

LOL!!! :laughing9:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread