JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
"O How I Love Groves"

Hey everyone, Went out over the weekend determined to find something. It rained every trip we went out.

I got out Friday evening for a few hrs with my brother. Saturday we got up went out was doing great and I got a call from my wife to go and pick up some furniture.

After that was all done we went back out for a hr and a brutal storm came so we called it quits.

Friday night though we decided my one boy who is 2 going on three at the end of August was ready for his first hunt with us.

He's been out before but it was his first time with just me and Lance. We always take my other son who is five.

Out of no where about 25 minutes into the hunt he comes running up to me with his first marble. I was so proud of him LoL. I didn't care if I found anything after that. It was another treasure hunter in the making.

It's the blue small one in the pic. I think he dug it up with his fork.

Sunday, was the best day. There is a old grove we hunted last summer off the road near a cemetery.

It's hard to explain. We got alot of rain so I knew it would be a good place to check. We found alot of other good stuff at this site last year.

It picked right up when we got there. I dug a buffalo really quick into the hunt. We were also picking up clay marbles frequently.

This was a total of 6 hrs hunting. 2 hrs each day at three different sites. All were groves. 2 were in old parks and the one by itself off the road near a old cemetery.

I found a really nice ring not marked at all. I don't know if it's silver white gold or what. The stones really gleam in it.

I also found a really neat button. I have another just like it. The other is in alot older of condition and smaller.

Does any one recognize it. The back is completely corroded and eaten away. So no way for a backmarking.

It's alot to explain. I'll just answer any of your questions about what you see.

The quarter is a 37. The Indian is a 1880. The buffalo has no date. No good date wheat's. Some early one's but no mint marks. 1 1942 S war nickle.

Hope you all enjoy the finds.

HH Jeremy

Attachments

• O How I Love Goodies.jpg
    O How I Love Goodies.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 778
  • O How I Love Relics 2.jpg
    O How I Love Relics 2.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 769
  • O How I Love Relics 1.jpg
    O How I Love Relics 1.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 771
  • O How I Love Relics.jpg
    O How I Love Relics.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 773
Upvote 0

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: "O How I Love Groves"

Wow,looks like you covered alot of ground!! Great digs.

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005

Outstanding! You're not just in a grove... you're in the groove!

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks

You certainly collect a huge array of items. Way to go on the IH and quarter .....and the marble is great!

Chagy

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2005
Florida
Detector(s) used
JW Fishers Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

Nice job!!!!!!!!

Best,

Chagy......

Attachments

• Jack_21.jpg
    Jack_21.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 711

trk5capt

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2005
Charleston S.C.

JER, As You Probably Know The Top Center Item In The Last Pic Is An American Legion U.S. Flag Holder From A Veterans Grave. Very Nice Haul, Congrats. trk5capt...

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250

nice stuff. thats the third carnival token ive seen this dug this summer! must be a popular token this year! great finds! heres a question for you. how do you go about identifying these groves? do you research them through the library or do you know what to look for and eyeball them?

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

My favorite is the marbles. You have some neat ones. Thanks for posting and what a great familly outing.
HH Burdie

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other

Jer,

nice haul of artifacts, nice coins.

Hope the ring turn out to be gold.

have a good un.................

groundfisher

Mar 27, 2005
Merrill,Wi.

Great finds! Looks like you had a good time out there despite the rain.
The silver button is a really neat find.Nice lookin 38 Washington to. HH! to ya.

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800

Thanks for all the replies everyone.

Hey Capt, I did know that but wasn't sure were it was from. I have some that are different. This one was hit by a mower more than a few times. It also looks to be shot by a gun at one point up in the left hand corner.

Hollow, I know how to look for them. There are a few keys. They always have large spaced out tree's. You can just look at the tree's and know the site is old.

Also you may get there and with the best skill and detector you won't pull nothing good out of them unless you start digging it all. They are usually really trashy.

The best one I ever found was a few yrs ago. I was hunting a old park and found a huge one hidden behind a public works building.

I found hundreds of old coins. Including gold rings and tons of artifacts. Even the old groves in the parks still offer finds. But you have to go and start digging everything.

I also read for them and try and trace them back if they are still there today. We have alot of groves in the city.

They are very good sites to hunt. With a little luck and a good eye you may just spot one.

Thanks again everyone,

HH Jer

vic910

Bronze Member
Mar 14, 2005
Orlando, FL

That is an amazing amount of digging, and the relics are even more amazing. Great finds! Love the blue marble!

vicki

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250

JerDfx said:
Thanks for all the replies everyone.

Hey Capt, I did know that but wasn't sure were it was from. I have some that are different. This one was hit by a mower more than a few times. It also looks to be shot by a gun at one point up in the left hand corner.

Hollow, I know how to look for them. There are a few keys. They always have large spaced out tree's. You can just look at the tree's and know the site is old.

Also you may get there and with the best skill and detector you won't pull nothing good out of them unless you start digging it all. They are usually really trashy.

The best one I ever found was a few yrs ago. I was hunting a old park and found a huge one hidden behind a public works building.

I found hundreds of old coins. Including gold rings and tons of artifacts. Even the old groves in the parks still offer finds. But you have to go and start digging everything.

I also read for them and try and trace them back if they are still there today. We have alot of groves in the city.

They are very good sites to hunt. With a little luck and a good eye you may just spot one.

Thanks again everyone,

HH Jer

thanks for the tips jer! ;)

Proolio

Sep 25, 2005
Western NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 1500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

nice variety of stuff, way to go

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan

Superb finds, very interesting and informative post here, thanks!
Congrats on all the goodies!

Smiles!
BDoo

M

mchamby

Glad you could get out inbetween rain showers, you sure did find alot. Nice digs.
HH ;)
Mchamby

Gabbit

Aug 4, 2005
Idaho

nice work -- you should have the state cleaned up in no time with all your kids chipping in - :) gr8 family hobby if the interrest is there ! ! :o

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread