O Please tell me youve seen this!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: O Please tell me you've seen this!!!!!

Just in case Hollywood is reading these post…….

There were actually nine diaries, three in English, three in Spanish, and three in French, all of them bearing the seal of the Freemasons, with each set utilizing a different code wheel. The man who created it was actually a British spy/agent, and after making the last deposit in Bedford County, VA., he created a tenth diary which utilized yet a forth a final code wheel called the Thomas J. Beale, which in itself offers a critical clue of the hidden treasure’s whereabouts once the letters of the name are arranged to spell, “A Joe, Seal Tomb”. So you’ll be looking for a tomb marked “A. Joe”, thus the birth of the popular phrase, “Not you’re average Joe.”

If Hollywood ever reads this it’s a shoe in baby! A real BLOCKBUSTER! :laughing7:

(Just feeling a tab bit creative today. :laughing7: :help:)

OP
OP
T

tat2guy

Oct 29, 2011
Chester County pa
Primary Interest:
Other

Ok a flaw in the story!!!! The steam ship Julius C Wilkie, Beale boarded in Portsmith Va. They traveled south around Fl, thru the gulf to New Orleans. Then onto another ship. The Julius C Wilkie is a flat bottom river boat. This boats are not sea worthy vessels. The would easily capsize in ocean swells.

The Zeb. Pike steamboat was also a river boat, but did not sail from New Orleans.

Atleast the story read well..... :read2:

OP
OP
T

tat2guy

Oct 29, 2011
Chester County pa
Primary Interest:
Other

Rebel,

Thats not the One Eyed Willy jesture from Gonnies is it??? :laughing7: Something in your eye :laughing7:

kgunn

Jan 1, 2012
Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Dues
Safari
AT Pro
CoinMaster
White Gold
Minelab X-TERRA 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hey Jay,

i had already done some research on that n bigscoop is "spot on'. overall claiming it was actually buried in Mo not in Va. i sent an emai to that gentleman who hasnt got back to me as of yet... like a week ago but we'll c...

kgunn

allenroyboy

Dec 13, 2006
Montana

tat2guy said:
While cruising the world wide web I had an ingenius idea :laughing7: I googled Thomas J Beale. I was shocked to see this, then it sank in and I giggled a bit at myself.

http://lost-beale-treasure.blogspot.com/

This see seriously fiction, right???

HH Jay
Of course, you read the disclaimer at the bottom right?!

Disclaimer

"The Diary of Thomas J. Beale" is published as an aid for the solution of "The Lost Beale Treasure" geocache (GCX1DF). Statements of fact and other information contain herein are intended for entertainment purposes only -- no guarantee or warranty whatsoever, express or implied, is made as to their accuracy or authenticity. In addition, the attached Standard Disclaimer applies.

OP
OP
T

tat2guy

Oct 29, 2011
Chester County pa
Primary Interest:
Other

Yep I read it, but is it fiction or faction??? A fiction based on some facts...... :dontknow:

HH Jay

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007

:coffee2: :icon_thumleft: ;D LOL! FACTION... BUT! NOT in MO, but in Lexington, Va. Used to rebuild VMI; NSA even had ppl "stationed" in Lexington, Va. and the MARSHALL MUSEUM has the papers of William & Elizabeth Friedman (Code-BREAKERS "par excellence"); from Lynchburg, Va. it was a UPRIVER "struggle" on the James River for the REBS to transport "BT"/CSA TREASURY; woulda been a 'hellacious" struggle to go ALL the way to St. Loo, MO! :laughing9: SO, once in Lexington, Va. "FER (FAR) ENOUGH!" :laughing7:
Think about it; Gen. Lee is buried up there... Gen. Jackson is buried up there. The "clue" is when ARLINGTON HOUSE is mentioned in the BEALE PAPERS; Arlington House was the FORMER home of Robert E. Lee & family, BEFORE the CONFEDERATE WAR, across the river from WASHINGTON (Inn/Hotel). :wink: THAT area is NOW known as ARLINGTON CEMETERY... ANOTHER "clue"! MORE LATER! :wink: :coffee2: :read2: :coffee2: Coffee? ;D THEN! Have a look at THIS! www.arlingtoncemetery.mil/History/Facts/ArlingtonHouse.aspx :wink:

OP
OP
T

tat2guy

Oct 29, 2011
Chester County pa
Primary Interest:
Other

Reb,

sounds like we're in the same area. i agree, its in Virginia not out west. Im working on a few leads for here in the east, westof D.C. of course. But its slow going here work has gotten crazy busy.

HH Jay

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007

:coffee2: :icon_thumleft: ;D :icon_thumleft: :coffee2: Coffee? I DID hear that Arlington, Va. was a "STARTING point"; go from there... :wink: :read2:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Agree. "If" it exist or still does, it's not out west, it will be in Virginia somewhere close within that 4 mile radius. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
T

tat2guy

Oct 29, 2011
Chester County pa
Primary Interest:
Other

Who me???? Holding out :laughing7:........ I wish I had concrete evidence to be holding out a lil while with.... :laughing7: But like everyone else Im left :icon_scratch:

HH Jay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread