Oak Island Artifacts: Just the Facts

treasure1822

Dec 9, 2010
I found it on a Google search, very interesting worth a look.

Not to be Negative Ned here but the "Commander" as he wishes to be called started off as a software designer hocking his programs on infomercials under the name of "Jovan". He has watched to much "The Mummy" with Brandon Frasier and "Delta Force" with Chuck Norris. His beliefs have top do with the Phoenicians.

OP
OP
TheCoinKid

TheCoinKid

Apr 16, 2013
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
RE: The recent bone finds: Any chance the bones are related to any of the 6 recorded searcher deaths? Do we know if all six of the bodies were recovered?

The bone with soft tissue and hair attached is the reason for my question. Not sure how quickly soft tissue and hair degrades in such an environment, but it has me thinking.

TCK

gr88bd

Dec 11, 2017
Grove City, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250, Divining Rods, brass pendulum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The bone fragment may belong to Maynard Kaiser , whose death in 1897 was the second death in the money pit. I can't find any record of his body being recovered. A lot of the sources I have checked online do not mention anything other than his death.

Montclaire

Feb 21, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The bone fragment may belong to Maynard Kaiser , whose death in 1897 was the second death in the money pit. I can't find any record of his body being recovered. A lot of the sources I have checked online do not mention anything other than his death.

Do we know what depth they were at when he was lost? What were the results of that particular dig? If it is Kaiser then the odds that they are in a searcher tunnel and not the vault go up considerably.

[EDIT] Looks like he fell 80 feet but they don't say which shaft he was in or what depth he was at when he fell. They do say that the body was not recovered.

If you haven't seen this link, it's good reading: http://worldtimeline.info/oakisland/oak1861.htm

Last edited:

Montclaire

Feb 21, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank You

My favorite entry so far:

December 26, 1893

The Boston Traveller publishes a story by J. Edward Wilson. Wilson claims that in 1866 he received a map, found in 1826, of treasure on an unnamed island on the south-east coast of Nova Scotia. He says a shaft was dug by an oak tree, with a tunnel at the bottom of the shaft leading to sea level. The shaft was filled with no treasure. Instead the treasure was buried a certain distance away only 20 feet below the surface.

Could you imagine? haha

gr88bd

Dec 11, 2017
Grove City, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wasn't there a "theorist" on the show a couple of seasons ago that said something very similar ? There was a treasure vault but it was near the surface , He even had a model mock up of the money pit and the vault ... It would be a real knee slapper if that were true . It was somewhere around the time that a fellow claimed it was INCA gold and it was 2 islands at one time.... Lots of crazy theories have been put forth..

OP
OP
TheCoinKid

TheCoinKid

Apr 16, 2013
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
I was a bit irritated that the bone lab testing segment in the latest episode only discussed region of origin. Seems like age of the bones would be just as, if not more, important. Perhaps they're holding back to help fill another episode.

TCK

Singlestack Wonder

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Of course the method used for retrieving items from the drilling in no way is an empirical proof of the depth said items came from. The bone fragments could have come from 10’ down. And with the 1000’s of folks who have been on the island over the last few hundred years, the middle eastern dna means nothing in regards to a treasure existing on the island. Just another meaningless episode with bs filler material.

Last edited:

gr88bd

Dec 11, 2017
Grove City, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a link to a you tube video explaining how 4 different types of subsurface drilling /investigation is done ... I post this for those of us who may not fully understand what they are doing on the show .

autofull

Mar 18, 2010
exeter pa
Detector(s) used
garrett
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
human bone fragments, does that not make this a grave site. i hope no one digs me up in the far off future.

OP
OP
TheCoinKid

TheCoinKid

Apr 16, 2013
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks to me like the series is coming to a (anti)climax. Will be interesting to see how it ends.

TCK

Tom Slikes53

Jul 12, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks to me like the series is coming to a (anti)climax. Will be interesting to see how it ends.

TCK

It doesn't sound like it's coming to an end to me, if there's money available I don't think there's a shortage of places to use it and possibly still good TV ratings to be had.

Watching the show to date you might not get the impression that there were bones down there from modern day searches (past 150 years)

E

enochsea7

My favorite entry so far:

December 26, 1893

The Boston Traveller publishes a story by J. Edward Wilson. Wilson claims that in 1866 he received a map, found in 1826, of treasure on an unnamed island on the south-east coast of Nova Scotia. He says a shaft was dug by an oak tree, with a tunnel at the bottom of the shaft leading to sea level. The shaft was filled with no treasure. Instead the treasure was buried a certain distance away only 20 feet below the surface.

Could you imagine? haha

Yes I can imagine. This kind of diversion technique has been used for a long time to hide treasure. The money pit could be exactly what the name implies, a pit for treasure hunters to flush down their entire fortunes in search of an unmarked treasure buried meters away. They spend their entire lives trying to reach it and end up either dead or bankrupt. Totally possible

E

enochsea7

human bone fragments, does that not make this a grave site. i hope no one digs me up in the far off future.

They mentioned in the show that the law says if the bones are more than 50 years old its not required to even report them... Kind of sad honestly. They had the bones carbon dated. They're very old

Tom Slikes53

Jul 12, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They mentioned in the show that the law says if the bones are more than 50 years old its not required to even report them... Kind of sad honestly. They had the bones carbon dated. They're very old
yeah, I thought that 50 number was sort of a low number of years when I heard it, 50,75 + years could still be considered relevant to victims families...

Keith Jackson

Aug 12, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other

How does the average person tell if they are 50 years old or more?

OP
OP
TheCoinKid

TheCoinKid

Apr 16, 2013
Texas
Primary Interest:
Other
Flipping the channels last night, I saw Marty Lagina on Ancient Aliens. It was at the end of the show, so I hit record for the next showing. And I always viewed him as the most prudent one. Any commentary from someone who saw the episode? I'm sure plenty of "hard facts" came to light during the show.

TCK

Last edited:

Robot

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
The Curse of Oak Island meets Ancient Aliens

marty-lagina-giorgio-tsoukalos.jpg

https://www.monstersandcritics.com/...rgio-a-tsoukalos-investigate-sardinian-ruins/

[FONT=&quot]History fans are being treated to the ultimate television crossover tonight — as Ancient Aliens meets The Curse of Oak Island![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]A special episode of Ancient Aliens will see treasure-hunter Marty Lagina from The Curse of Oak Island join ancient astronaut theorist Giorgio A. Tsoukalos for an investigation of ancient ruins on the Italian island of Sardinia.[/FONT]

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread